There's a seal in my sleeping bag

by Lyn Hancock | Nonfiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by biba89 of Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on 8/18/2007
Journal Entry 1 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, August 18, 2007
I traded this book for one of mine at the bookshelf of camp site Masia Can Banal in Montagut, Catalonia, Spain. And then I took it back to the Netherlands with me, in order to register it at Bookcrossing and release it again after reading.

Journal Entry 2 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Sunday, December 30, 2007
It was a very interesting read. I loved the nature descriptions, the observations about the birds, the orcas, the otters and the seals. Quite an interesting life she leads as the wife of a biologist, this Lyn Hancock.
About the biologist - he seems rather an unpleasant man, even though Lyn is so polite and understanding when she mentions him. To me he seems like the kind of person to whisk off a girl from her own life and marry her in order to obtain a cheap assistant, one to be easily abused as well. The scenes where he is scolding her, because she falls down, because she fails to keep a boat steady in a storm or drops a camera when she is attacked by a ferocious sea elephant, are too numerous to ignore.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMoemwing at OBCZ-Bazoeka, Kultuurhuis Bosch in Arnhem, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, June 01, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (6/1/2008 UTC) at OBCZ-Bazoeka, Kultuurhuis Bosch in Arnhem, Gelderland Netherlands

Journal Entry 4 by marsala from - Ergens in de provincie, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Friday, September 12, 2008
I took this book with me from OBCZ-Bazoeka, so I can release it again in London next week.

Journal Entry 5 by marsala at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (9/20/2008 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

This book will be released at a bookcross meeting in OBCZ The Camel and Artichoke. We will make a release walk towards Tate Modern aswell, so this book might also be released somewhere along the way.

It will be released for the 2008 You're Such an Animal Challenge.