A Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by tubeworm of Elm Grove, Wisconsin USA on 8/15/2007
Journal Entry 1 by tubeworm from Elm Grove, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, August 15, 2007
I liked Hosseini''s first book, The Kite Runner, better.
A Thousand Splendid Suns appears too much predictable, giving the history of Afghanistan and the stereotypical stories we know. All of what we already heard is there, and not much more, while the Kite Runner deepened our understanding of afghan life and society and developed the characters.
Still, it is a good book and worthy to be read.

Journal Entry 2 by tubeworm at Grasch's Grocery Store in Brookfield, Wisconsin USA on Friday, August 17, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (8/17/2007 UTC) at Grasch's Grocery Store in Brookfield, Wisconsin USA

Deli table

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, September 14, 2007
what a pleasant surprise to come across this book at my workplace. i have 2 small children and i still managed to read this book in one day - could not put it down. i have passed it on to family members and have asked them to leave it somewhere for someone else to find when they are finished with it. thanks Book Crossing!

CAUGHT IN BROOKFIELD WI USA

Journal Entry 4 by moonbeams30 from Portage, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, October 13, 2007
Received book from sister, enjoyed it even though it was difficult in places, passing on to mother who will leave it for another to find.

Journal Entry 5 by suzeeQ2 on Monday, October 29, 2007
my daughter found the book at the store where she works in Brookfield, WI - she read it and gave it to her sister who lives in Portage, WI who read it and gave it to me in Dekorra, WI ... emotionally difficult to read in parts. we have no idea how hard life can be in other parts of the world. I hope the world becomes a better place and maybe books like this can help get us there someday...

Journal Entry 6 by suzeeQ2 on Monday, November 12, 2007