Chronicle of a Death Foretold

by Gabriel Garcia Marques | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Abediv of Twechar, Scotland United Kingdom on 8/9/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Abediv from Twechar, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, August 09, 2007
Reserved for NSSSBTSSSS Partner

Journal Entry 2 by juliako from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Fantastic! Thank you very, very much. I'm really intrigued by this one - I think it's going to go quite near the top of my TBRs! I'll let you know what I make of it as soon as I've read it!

Released 2 yrs ago (9/23/2016 UTC) at UK Unconvention 2016 - Birmingham in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Released at Bookcrossing UK Unconvention 2016 Back in Brum!

If you have found this book I hope you enjoy it. You might like to write a little about what you thought about it by making a Journal Entry (you can do this anonymously if you wish) and then pass it on, or leave for some other lucky reader to find…. If you make release notes then previous readers can get to know where you left it. Register with bookcrossing and then you can follow it's journey….. Happy Reading.

Journal Entry 4 by kangaroo at Barnet, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2016
Oooh, a Garcia Marquez I haven't read!

Released 1 yr ago (10/25/2017 UTC) at Unusual Countries Sweepstake, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

It was tough to think of an unusual country, but Columbia is fairly out-of-the-way from Finland, I think!

Journal Entry 6 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, November 04, 2017
Thank you! I've read several books by Garcia Marquez before but this one I don't think is one of them, so am looking forward to it :)

Journal Entry 7 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, April 14, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (4/14/2018 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Well, in this case I was relieved that the book is very thin; found it hard to get into the story or care about any of the characters. I do like the way Garcia Marquez writes, but this story just wasn't my cup of tea.

Going to another sweepstakes winner next. Enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 8 by mcsar at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, April 27, 2018
Thank you for the book. I am so excited to win. I might have read this one years ago. I think I enjoyed it but I do not remember the details, so I welcome the chance for a re-read.

-------------------------------------
Updated November 14, 2018

I have read this before. I enjoyed it even more the second time I read it.

Journal Entry 9 by mcsar at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 07, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/7/2018 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

Finally on its way to winner of the Book, Chocolate and Tea sweepstakes. I am very sorry for taking so long.

Congratulations and hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.