Hardwired

by Walter Jon Williams | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0812519175 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingLeishaCamdenwing of Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 7/26/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, July 26, 2007
From the front cover:

''A tough, sleek juggernaut of a story ... It has all my favorite things - blood, love, fire, hate and high ideal or two. I wish I'd written this one.'
-Roger Zelazny'

From the back cover:

'Mudboys, dirtgirls, zonedancers, buttonheads, Gravity-well dirth beneath the Orbital platforms which control their world. But the underground and the underworld declare war against the Orbital Heaven: in the air with delta fighters and military shuttles, in the interface of computer fraud and data flow, in flooded slum alleys with lasers and bombs. It's a war with new warriors, new legends.

'Hardwired is his best book to date ... as the parallel plotlines of a hotshot contraband flyer and a sleek bodyguard/assassin develop and gradually intersect, the book takes on a life of its own.' -Locus

'Fans of high-tech SF will enjoy Williams's sizzling prose and fast-moving, taut story.' -Library Journal'

What I've read by Williams previously I've enjoyed very much, so I'm looking forward to this one although I suspect it may not be his finest work ... :-) I can't imagine anything could ever top 'Aristoi'. It'll be interesting to find out.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLeishaCamdenwing from Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, July 26, 2007
A couple of snippets copied from fantasticfiction.co.uk.

"A tough, sleek juggernaut of a story ... It has all my favorite things - blood, love, fire, hate and a high ideal or two. I wish I'd written this one."
Roger Zelazny

Hardwired features high-tech thrills and unforgettable heroes in the great tradition of William Gibson's Neuromancer.