PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives

by Frank Warren | Arts & Photography |
Registered by Fantasma on 7/20/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Fantasma on Friday, July 20, 2007
"'You are invited to anonymously contribute a secret to a group art project. Your secret can be a regret, fear, betrayal, desire, confession, or childhood humiliation. Reveal anything - as long as it is true and you have never shared it with anyone before. Be brief. Be legible. Be creative.' So began Frank Warren's PostSecret project when he handed out postcards to strangers, and asked for them to mail it back. In under a year, more than 10,000 did so, and their secrets were sometimes moving or funny or just plain weird: 'I stole valium from my epileptic dog', 'I waste office supplies because I hate my boss', and 'I've always wanted to rob a bank'. All of these thought-provoking confessions are superbly illustrated throughout, and reveal much about the modern state of life. This book is a great conversation piece, fascinating to flick through, and almost unputdownable once you have."
(amazon.co.uk)

Journal Entry 2 by Fantasma on Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Como o Jota-P pediu muito muito muito muito, lá vão os segredos dar uma voltinha :oP

Journal Entry 3 by Jota-P from Sacavém, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, May 01, 2008
Thank you very much Fantasma for lending me this book! I'm really curious about reading it. I only regret it isn't bigger, but for more Secrets, we'll always have PostSecret on the web!

Journal Entry 4 by Jota-P from Sacavém, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, May 05, 2008
Ten stars for this book is not enough! I really enjoyed it! It was great reading these secrets. I really think that reality is weirder than fiction, so I believe that all these secrets are true, even though some of them seem so... unbelievable. But there are also the funny ones! And all the postcards where they are written in are truly art. A very different (and anonimous) art we are used to. But even though, art.

After reading this book remains the will of sending to PostSecret the most obscure secrets each one of us has. Maybe I will send mine. But they are so many...

Thank you very much Fantasma. I will give you back the book when we meet again. See you soon!

Journal Entry 5 by Fantasma on Friday, July 04, 2008
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much :) Have you sent some of your secrets already??
Book back home.