Vittorio, the Vampire (New Tales of the Vampires)

by Anne Rice | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 7/19/2007
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, July 19, 2007
If you have found this book, welcome to bookcrossing and thank you for taking the time to let us know about it's journey. Feel free to enjoy the book and pass it along to a friend, neighbor, family member or co-worker, or simply leave it somewhere for another lucky reader to enjoy as you did! This book not your type of read? No problem, don't feel obliged to read it - just be kind enough to help it on it's journey.

I've read a few Anne Rice books, but I never read this one. I hope someone finds this and enjoys it!

I got this book from the Doubleday Book Club.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 20, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (7/20/2007 UTC) at SoHo Bagel OBCZ - Towne Lake Parkway in Woodstock, Georgia USA

I put this on the bookshelf ~ Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Susie4Eyes from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 25, 2008
I caught Vittorio at Soho Bagel shop in Towne Lake -- the first one I spotted that I wanted to bring home!

I was a HUGE Anne Rice fan for a time, even had my own little goth period (in my early 30s if you can believe it), stalked her mansion in the Garden District in N.O., and would place The Witching Hour firmly in my all-time top five. But a bit of the magic is gone, I think, in reading Vittorio. At least that's what I kept thinking, but then when things would really get intense, I would remember the genius of Mrs. Rice -- and then I started thinking that it's not such a shocker that she's become a Christian writer, because quite honestly, I think she always was. Who but a Christian would write so much about demons and forsaking god, and how can vampirism NOT be closely tied up with God?

I will always love her for arriving at book signings in a hearse and glass coffin, for her witchy hair, for the "Ophanim" license plate on her limo -- and I will always appreciate her genius for being able to drag us down, down, down, into the dark worlds that she creates so eloquently -- but methinks this might be my last time with her novels.

I will duly return Vittorio to the shelf at Soho Bagel and see what else I can catch (and release!) Thanks JennyC1230!