The Well of Loneliness (Virago Modern Classics)

by RADCLYFFE HALL | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by DRAGONTOOTH of Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/19/2007
Journal Entry 1 by DRAGONTOOTH from Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 19, 2007
read many years ago as a teen and its heralded as a classic. Was banned on publication in 1928 due to its 'immoral'theme! probably why I read it at the time...thought I was being risque!

Released 11 yrs ago (8/14/2007 UTC) at The Adelphi pub, Hunslet Road in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

to be released at the Leeds Meetup

Journal Entry 3 by TheGreenMan from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 27, 2007
Picked up at the Leeds Meetup.

I think I was meant to read this many years ago, as part of my degree - but never did. I feel I should try now really, as it is a 'significant' text after all!

Journal Entry 4 by TheGreenMan from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 20, 2008
Well, I'm not getting any closer to reading this... so rather than it sitting on my shelf any longer, I thought I'd release it at Tuesday's 'English'-themed BC Meetup in York.

After all, what could be more English than repressed passion and social disapproval ??!)

Journal Entry 5 by TheGreenMan at The Golden Lion in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 20, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (4/22/2008 UTC) at The Golden Lion in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

releasing as promised...

Journal Entry 6 by TheGreenMan from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 23, 2008
bah - not picked up last night, so I bought it home again...!

I plan to give it one more go at finding a reader at the York BC Meetup, before making other plans for it.

Journal Entry 7 by TheGreenMan at The Golden Lion in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, July 20, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/22/2008 UTC) at The Golden Lion in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

(re)releasing, as promised...

Journal Entry 8 by TheGreenMan from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 25, 2008
Not picked up at this York BC Meetup either.

Planning to take it to Durham's BC Meetup tomorrow afternoon, where hopefully it can find its next reader!

Released 10 yrs ago (7/26/2008 UTC) at BC Meetup at Cathedral Restaurant, Undercroft in Durham, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

releasing, as promised...

Journal Entry 10 by wingcandy-is-dandywing from Great Bardfield, Essex United Kingdom on Monday, August 04, 2008
Picked up at the Durham meet - 26th July. Passing through on my way to a week in Northumberland and only now catching up with journalling.

Why are books so appealing? I really don't need any more but couldn't stop myself picking this one up, my excuse being that it looked like a book I ought to read! Hmmm!

At least someone took it home, TheGreenMan.

Journal Entry 11 by wingcandy-is-dandywing at Braintree, Essex United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I found this a little pedestrain in style and not inspired to keep on reading. As I'm trying to train myself not to struggle with a book that I'm not inspired by, I didn't finish it. It isn't a bad read, actually quite pleasant, but rather slow and not what I needed at the time.

Released 8 yrs ago (2/21/2011 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

To Cheesygiraffe who won it in a Banned Books Swap on BookObsessed.

Journal Entry 13 by cheesygiraffe at Florence, Alabama USA on Monday, March 28, 2011
Thanks Candy!