The Rosary Girls

by Richard Montanari | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by cambridgelass of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 7/17/2007
Journal Entry 1 by cambridgelass from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fantastic book really enjoyed, the last few chapters were really scary. totally thrilling

have posted to a fellow bookcrosser as it was on their wishlist

posted to a fellow bookcrosser

Journal Entry 3 by acountkel from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Monday, August 06, 2007
Received today.
Thank you so much for sending this to me.
If there is anything on my available list you would like, I would be happy to send it to you.

Journal Entry 4 by acountkel at Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Thursday, February 26, 2015
The first thing I want to say is, I have definitely found my favorite genre of books, thrillers/murder/mystery. It's been a while since I have read one. This is a new series. I received this book from a bookcrossing member several years ago. Why didn't I read this sooner? The setting is Philadelphia. I don't know much about Philadelphia. I've only been there as a layover for a flight to someplace else. I relate this town to a biography I read about a famous model/drug addict who died of aids, Gia Carangi. The plot: Someone is killing young girls who attend catholic school. Jessica Balzano and Kevin Byrne are homicide cops on the case. Jessica is recently separated from her husband and has just become Kevin's partner. She has a 6 year-old daughter, Sophie. Kevin is a veteran cop with demons. He is divorced and has a deaf teenaged daughter.
This author did a brilliant job creating the characters in this first book, as well as, setting up some great suspense. It's been a long time since I couldn't find enough free time to read instead of playing on my ipad.
The characters in this book are flawed. But you still like them. Jessica still loves her husband but can't forgive him for cheating on her. She has been promoted from auto theft to homicide and is paired up with Kevin Byrne.
Kevin is another flawed character. More so than Jessica. He is hard core cop. History has placed him in some very life threatening situations where he hasn't made the most honorable choice. But his heart is definitely in the right place.
I've ordered the 2nd book from this series already.
This is one of those series I could fly through reading one after the other.

Thank you cambridgelass for sending me this book.
I really enjoyed it!

Journal Entry 5 by acountkel at Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Sunday, July 26, 2015
I've ordered the 2nd book from this series already.
This is one of those series I could fly through reading one after the other.

Sending to Bristol TN as a PBS