Sympathy for the Devil (Madeline Bean Mysteries)

by Jerrilyn Farmer | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loriped of Keizer, Oregon USA on 7/14/2007
Journal Entry 1 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Saturday, July 14, 2007
From Amazon.com
"Madeline Bean, caterer to the stars, is in the middle of the biggest job of her career. She and her partner Wesley have pulled off Hollywood's most outrageous A-list Halloween party for notorious producer Bruno Huntley, complete with an eerie fortuneteller who is astonishingly accurate, and exotic food that's to die for. Before long, Bruno is thrashing and writhing out on the dance floor. Just one problem: he's not standing up, And soon, he's not even breathing.

The newly late Mr. Huntley was poisoned, that's certain. But the number of suspects with a yen to send Bruno to the devil could fill an audition for extras in the next Quentin Tarantino flick. When Wesley is arrested for the murder because of a long-standing dispute with the maniacal mogul, Madeline knows he couldn't be guilty. But to prove it, she has to wade through the muck of a mudslinging family, outrun a pair of crazed canines, dodge a pair of well-aimed bullets, and expose a slew of secrets that could put a soap opera to shame. Somebody's cooked up a murder, and it's up to Madeline to find out who--before she faces a fadeout of her own."

This was really good and the first in a series I had never read before. I'm placin this in my Holiday Mystery Bookbox going out in August.

Journal Entry 2 by loriped from Keizer, Oregon USA on Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This book is traveling in the Holiday Mystery Bookbox. Happy travels.

Journal Entry 3 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Well, this was a fun mystery...sounds like the 'real' Hollywood.
Still in the Holiday Mystery Bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, January 20, 2008
I took this out of the Holiday Mystery Bookbox. I just read another book by this author and enjoyed it, so I am looking forward to reading this one.

Journal Entry 5 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, June 08, 2008
I wouldn't call this a page-turner, but I did enjoy it all the same.

Journal Entry 6 by loveamystery at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (1/13/2009 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Will release at the bookcrossing meet-up tonight. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by Zooma from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Enjoyed this book, it was funny and a mystery. I wonder if they will take the 3 million and start anew.

Journal Entry 8 by Strude from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, January 27, 2009
picked up at meetup

Journal Entry 9 by Strude from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Loved the catering. Why do I hope that the dead man is an unusual character? The party was a lot of fun. If there was supposed to be a recipe at the end it is no longer there.

Journal Entry 10 by Strude at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/10/2009 UTC) at Rhizome Cafe in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Taking this to meetup. If no one picks it up it will be left near the front door.

Journal Entry 11 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, February 15, 2009
I plan on giving it a better home.

CAUGHT IN VANCOUVER BRITISH COULMBIA CANADA