The Sword of Mary

by Esther M Friesner | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by pkboo of Archer, Florida USA on 7/7/2007
Journal Entry 1 by pkboo from Archer, Florida USA on Saturday, July 07, 2007
From the Publisher
The sequel to The Psalms of Herod, this book concludes the harrowing journey of Becca of Wiserways Stead. Escaping her oppressive, rural stead, Becca journeys toward the magical city where her brother lives, certain that his knowledge will save her and her kin. But after finally arriving there, she is overwhelmed by the strange ways of the Coop citizens. She soon learns that everyone, including her brother, has ulterior motives.

Saving for the next round of my book box

Journal Entry 2 by pkboo from Archer, Florida USA on Friday, March 13, 2009
Putting in my fantasy bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, May 23, 2009
hmm-just realized it's a sequel....hope it still makes since even tho I've not read the first one. thanks pkboo.

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, September 13, 2010
Absolutely made sense, and while it probably took me a little longer to get into than if I'd read the first, the tale stands on it's own, and I found it an excellent read.

In this dystopian future, Friesner deftly weaves environmental issues, gender, politics, and religion into a complex and all too possible world. Becca is a strong woman, in a society that values female docility; she is outspoken, tho it can cost her life.

Thanks pkboo~~ I enjoyed getting to know Becca~~

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, October 03, 2010

Released 10 yrs ago (10/3/2010 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

adding this excellent book to booklady331's ABC Bookbox~~

also including "Demon Blues," another by the same author, but in a TOTALLY different style.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, February 04, 2011
Arrived home in my ABC bookbox. Going to decide what to do with the book - add it to round 2 or ???

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Thursday, September 08, 2011
This book enjoyed a brief visit in San Jose, California, before continuing its travels in the ABC (Already Book Crossed) Bookbox!

Journal Entry 9 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, November 09, 2011
Received today in BookLady331's "Already Been Crossed" Book-box. Link Here

Won't be taking it out, so back into the box it goes to continue its journey! Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 10 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, December 03, 2011
Arrived home in my ABC box. I will repack the box sometime in the next couple of days and get the box moving again. "Already Been Crossed" Book-box. http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/7925010

Journal Entry 11 by wingbooklady331wing at Grace Thrift Store in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (12/13/2011 UTC) at Grace Thrift Store in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! For Christmas, KTM, and What's in A Name Release challenges 2011