Down On All Fours

Registered by wingDavros-10wing of Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on 7/5/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingDavros-10wing from Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Thursday, July 05, 2007
A book of cartoons and pictures poking fun at 4x4ers, most of which are pretty amateurish, but I did get a few chuckles out of the copy in my PC. I wouldn't have bought this one though, except that it was reduced to $1, so I bought all that the discount bookshop had in its discount bin. The back cover says:

"Gas-guzzling, rubber-churning 4x4s are taking over Australian roads. Suburban streets once ruled by Sandmans and hotted-up utes are now the domain of mild-mannered revheads who get their 'Jeep thrills' from wasting good money on fat tyres and notching up roadkill.

If you're one of the many thousands who believe too many dirt roads are paved, then 'Down On All Fours' is the book for you. Authors Mark Tremlett and Simon Bosch have turned their sights on Australia's latest craze, creating over 100 fantastic illustrations which poke fuel-injected fun at 4x4s, their place in history, astronomy, soccer, fashion, nature and the arts, and our growing obsession with grunt.

It's the one thing your rig can't do without."

Journal Entry 2 by wingDavros-10wing at Controlled Release in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Saturday, January 05, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (1/5/2008 UTC) at Controlled Release in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia

Mailed to the organising committee for the 2008 London Bookcrossing Convention for inclusion in attendees' goodie bags or wild release as they see fit.

Also released for the 2007 Never Judge A Book By Its Cover Release Challenge: Week 52 (Anything Goes).

Released 11 yrs ago (4/19/2008 UTC) at Imperial College in Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom

On a 4WD in the car park. Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
I read this during the conference - a cartoon book some of which was very funny, some worth a smile...some I did not get.

I put it back on the table and see it has now been released. Hope the next finder enjoys it.