Tell Me Your Name

by Eric Enck | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjarewing of Port Richey, Florida USA on 7/3/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Purchased for a group read with the author on Horrorlit! Looks great, can't wait to get started!

From the back cover:

Tell Me Your Name is the story of a serial killer who lurks in darkness and brutally terrorizes the peaceful community of Shallow Front. Detective Trent Holloway, a fifteen-year veteran of the Spring Garden Police Force, must stop this sly and devious killer sho is as depraved as he is elusive. Sleep deprived from horrific nightmares for many weeks, Trent Holloway is constantly fatiggued. But with the death toll increasing every few days and with a serial killer on the prowl, he may never rest again.

Trent Holloway and his colleagues are stumped. The fingerprints at the crime scenes belong to dead people. Have the dead come back to life to prey on innocent victims or is a seriously deranged maniac taking Detective Holloway on a wild chase to madness?

A sacred and pure secret connects the victims and places them in terrible danger against the forces of evil. With each chapter, this chilling thriller is sure to have you biting your nails in anxiety and breathtaking suspense.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Friday, July 20, 2007
I did enjoy this book. It's a great first novel/small press effort by the author. The story itself was really good, and the ending was great. What I didn't like about this book was the dialog. Being an aspiring author myself, I know how hard dialog can be, so I'm empathetic about it. It seemed very forced, the conversations way too formal, like nobody would really talk to one another that way. Hard to overlook in the grand scheme of things, but again, the story itself redeemed the dialog. I'm hoping Enck has improved those skills in his later works, I will have to give some a try and see!

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing from Port Richey, Florida USA on Saturday, July 28, 2007
Sent today to BarclaysCoffee, winner of the OBCZ Summer Sweepstakes! Sorry it took so long to get the book out, hope it does well at your OBCZ!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBarclaysCoffeewing from Northridge, California USA on Friday, August 10, 2007
We received this book in the mail as our "prize" for winning the OBCZ Summer Sweepstakes! Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBarclaysCoffeewing at Barclays Coffee & Tea - 8976 Tampa Ave in Northridge, California USA on Saturday, September 15, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (9/15/2007 UTC) at Barclays Coffee & Tea - 8976 Tampa Ave in Northridge, California USA

This is one of the many books that will be available at the Southern California BookCrossers meeting at Barclays Coffee. If it isn't caught during the meeting, it will be left on the OBCZ shelf.

Journal Entry 6 by katintheboots on Saturday, September 15, 2007
I picked this up at the So Cal BC meeting in Northridge. I had a lot of fun getting to know everyone there!