Lean Mean Thirteen (int'l BOOKRAY - LOST!)

by Janet Evanovich | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by book-man-8 of Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on 7/2/2007
Journal Entry 1 by book-man-8 from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, July 2, 2007
Number 13 is here! Arrived at a "bad time" as we are just in the process of moving - without time to read. So Stephanie Plum will have to wait some time on my Mount TBR... But after reading it, I'll make a bookray!
Edit August 1st: I finally got to read it during those very few slack times while moving. It's again a lot of laughs and this time Stephanie makes only three mistakes... Of course we meet all those characters we love - even Rex! And there is a turn in the relationship between ... Ranger and Morelli! And don't forget: it's absolute hilarious reading!

The following bookcrossers read along:

"atalante3134" rom Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon, France (int'l)
"bilbi" from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes, France (int'l)
"madmadge" from Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom (int'l?)
"iliotropio" from Brussels, Bruxelles, Belgium (int'l)
"Plum-crazy" from Brighouse, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom (int'l)
"em64" from Tampere, Pirkanmaa, Finland (int'l)
"myntti" from Tampere, Pirkanmaa, Finland (int'l)
"southernfryed" from Lexington, South Carolina, USA (US only)
"colebear" from Jacksonville, Florida, USA (US pref.)
"slidegirlcass" from Basking Ridge, New Jersey, USA (USA pref. int'l if necessary)
"phylwil" from Longview, Texas, USA (int'l)
"arauca" from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg, Germany (EU)

"Donduckandy" from Hazleton, Pennsylvania, USA (int'l)

Stephanie Plum is off to "atalante3134". Have a good time reading!

Journal Entry 3 by atalante3134 from Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Friday, August 10, 2007
Got it today in the mail.
Thanks a lot!

Journal Entry 4 by atalante3134 from Montpellier, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Thursday, August 16, 2007
I read it last week end. And, ads usual, I greatly enjoy it.
It''s like meetind old friends all over again.
Thanks for sharing!

Released 15 yrs ago (8/16/2007 UTC) at by mail in nearest postoffice, Ring/Ray book -- Controlled Releases

Send today to bibli.
I hope you will enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Friday, August 17, 2007
Received today ! I can''t help reading this series !
I must say that I prefer Ranger at 51 %... sometimes I prefer Morelli at 49 % ! It depends of my state of mind ;-)
Do I have to choose ? I mean, do WE have to choose, girls ? ;-D
Thanks for sharing book-man-8 and thanks for the nice postcard and bookmark atalante3134 \o/

Journal Entry 7 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Monday, August 20, 2007
This book was truly Stephanie Plum... I mean, there was action, fun, bad hair, Ranger, Morelli, Lula : all that I love in this series !

It''s really nice to have read such an entertaining book !

I''m now waiting for the next bookcrosser''s address.

Thanks again.

Journal Entry 8 by madmadge from Alderholt, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, August 25, 2007
This book crashed through the letterbox this morning as I was making my first cup of tea of the day. Thank you book-man-8 for including me in the ring and thank you bilbi for the lovely postcard and the warning!

Journal Entry 9 by madmadge from Alderholt, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, September 8, 2007
I feel so guilty when I didn't enjoy a book on a bookring but I'm afraid that's the case with this one. It's my own fault, I knew it wasn't the type of book I normally read, but you never know you just might enjoy it! It's well written but the subject matter just didn't interest me and I'm afraid I gave up on it a third of the way through.

Sorry book-man-8 and thank you for including me. I'm PMing iliotropio and hoping he/she will enjoy it more than I did.

Journal Entry 10 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Saturday, September 22, 2007
Stephanie has arrived safely in Brussels.
Thanks for the lovely postcard, madmadge (I'm a "she", BTW)!

Journal Entry 11 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Fun, fun, fun, from cover to cover! It's my first Stephanie, so many thanks to book-man-8 for giving me the chance to discover her.
(BTW, I'd choose Ranger over Morelli any day)
On its way to Plum-crazy. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 12 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 19, 2007
Woo hoo!I can't wait to start this book...after all, I am Plum-crazy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 28, 2007
I just LOVE these books...what else can I say except roll on number 14!

I'd love to see this series made into films, though I can't see that any actor could say "Babe" like I imagine Ranger does.....mmmm.

So which is it for me...Morelli or Ranger? Well, I'm with bilbi on this one....why choose!

Journal Entry 14 by em64 from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, November 3, 2007
There really isn't a better way to start a weekend after a hectic week at work than finding Stephanie Plum in your mailbox :-) Finished another ring book this morning so now I can spend some time with Stephanie again.

Journal Entry 15 by em64 from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, November 6, 2007
An entertaining read as always. Can't help it, the exploding rodents made me laugh :-) Interesting twist with Morelli and Ranger. I'm so happy that it is still Morelli (and has been ever since book 1...). Will probably see myntti tomorrow at the local get-together so will pass the book to her then. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 16 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, November 8, 2007
I got the book from em64 at the BC meeting tonight. Thanks!

Journal Entry 17 by wingmynttiwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, December 17, 2007
What can I say? Stephanie is still Stephanie. The book had all the usual Plum ingredients.
The book is now on its way to southernfryed.
Thanks for the bookring, book-man-8!

Journal Entry 18 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Friday, December 28, 2007
This book arrived today and I am so looking forward to reading it! Will get on it as soon as I finish my current book.

Journal Entry 19 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, January 23, 2008
I love these Stephanie Plum adventure! And look forward to the next one. I have pm'd colebear and will get this book in the mail as soon as I have an address. Thanks for sharing.

01/27/08
Got colebear's address-book will be in the mail tomorrow.

Journal Entry 20 by colebear from Jacksonville, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Arrived last Friday. I finished it today and will contact slidegirlclass next thing.

Stephanie Plum is always a good time, but I found that I laughed out loud less this time around. Also, the tension between Stephanie and Ranger just didn't seem to be there, and that's my favorite part of these books. Grandma Mazur and Lulu were as wacky as ever but the story as a whole seemed to be a little flat. I'll be looking for the next Stephanie Plum with anticipation though!

Thanks for sharing!