Damsel Under Stress

by Shanna Swendson | Romance |
Registered by karendawn of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 6/30/2007
Journal Entry 1 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, June 30, 2007
Katie Chandler Series, Book 3

To-do: Stop the bad guys. Rescue the wizard. Find the perfect outfit for New Year’s Eve.

At last, Owen Palmer, the dreamboat wizard at Magic, Spells, and Illusions, Inc., has conjured up the courage to get Katie Chandler under the mistletoe at the office holiday party. But just when it looks like Katie has found her prince, in pops her inept fairy godmother, Ethelinda, to throw a wand into the works. Ethelinda’s timing couldn’t be worse. A plot hatched by MSI’s rogue ex-employees, Idris and his evil fairy gal pal Ari, threatens to expose the company’s secrets–and the very existence of magic itself. Even worse, it could also mean the end of Katie’s happily-ever-after.

Now Katie and Owen must work side by side (but alas, not cheek to cheek) to thwart the villains’ plans. Braving black-magic-wielding sorceresses, subway-dwelling dragons, lovelorn frog princes, and even the dreaded trip to meet Owen’s parents at Christmas, Katie and her beau are in a battle to beat Idris at his own sinister game. All mischief and matters of the heart will come to a head at a big New Year’s Eve gala, when the crystal ball will drop, champagne will pour, and Katie will find herself truly spellbound.

Journal Entry 2 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, June 30, 2007
Loved it! One of the comments about the book is that it is like Harry Potter grown up and I can't agree more. The magical feeling along with an almost innocence even when involved in dangerous circumstances. There were so many parts that I loved, but I think the dragons were really great. There were only two sad things about the books - that it ended and then the way that it ended. I trust that Katie is just taking a break for a little while and she and Owen will be back together soon. I hope so because I couldn't stand to read another book if they are apart. They are just too great together. And perhaps I'm a little bit in love with Owen myself.

Journal Entry 3 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Monday, July 23, 2007
Thanks KarenDawn...picked this up in the BookObsessed.com Live Swap in Columbus Ohio...and thanks to Ri for passing it on to me!

Journal Entry 4 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, September 02, 2007
RABCK on the way to Cowgirl-Up! Mailing since I'll be in India for the next Dayton Bookcrossing meeting. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 5 by cowgirl-up from Springfield, Ohio USA on Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Thanks so much. Hope your trip to India is great!

Journal Entry 6 by cowgirl-up from Springfield, Ohio USA on Tuesday, February 23, 2010
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first two books in the series. The plot seemed to drag so I lost interest often and it took me a very long time to finish. Overall a decent book. I look forward to continuing with the series.

Journal Entry 7 by cowgirl-up at Frankfort, Ohio USA on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (4/21/2010 UTC) at Frankfort, Ohio USA

Mailed off to Michigan via the bookswap feature over at GoodReads.com.