Behind the Scenes at the Museum: A Novel

by Kate Atkinson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sejent of Louisville, Kentucky USA on 6/29/2007
Journal Entry 1 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Friday, June 29, 2007
Received from PaperBackSwap. TBR.

Journal Entry 2 by sejent from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Sunday, October 18, 2009
I enjoyed this immensely, especially for the originality of the narration and timeline.

Sending to dancing-dog for the bookobsessed Nov. Reading Divas. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by dancing-dog from Cordova, Tennessee USA on Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Woo-hoo! a wishlist book! Thank you sejent, this really looks good :)

Journal Entry 4 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Saturday, January 22, 2011
Wish I had gotten to this sooner - it was a fun and quirky tale about a dysfunctional British family - I really liked Ruby. My only complaint is that it took me a while to get used to the switching from present day to past history but it did give one a bigger view of why the family was the way they were! Some parts were very amusing while some were rather poignant. This book rather grew on me.

Journal Entry 5 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (7/24/2011 UTC) at Cordova, Tennessee USA

sending this in a surprise box of books to another bookcrosser :)

Journal Entry 6 by bookpatch at Lakewood, California USA on Thursday, August 11, 2011
Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by bookpatch at Lakewood, California USA on Saturday, May 12, 2012
I think I may need to take a class on "How and Why Books are Named" --the title of this book really had me thinking hard about how it related to the characters in the story (and ultimately to how it might relate to people in general and myself in particular). I'm still not sure if I got it "right" or not, but it was an interesting think!

The story itself was interesting to read, as we see the first-person writing style change and develop as the narrator, Ruby, ages. I kind of missed her childish, bombastic
"Here I am!" pronouncements towards the end of the book :-) The author seemed to feel the need to carry the story on a little longer than I felt was necessary--the last few chapters could have been omitted IMHO without losing any sense of having completed the story. But I really enjoyed seeing the world through Ruby's eyes and wouldn't hesitate to pick up another book by Kate Atkinson. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, September 06, 2012
I have selected this book from the Trade-Size Bookbox, thanks for including it! I am looking forward to reading it and then passing it on.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, January 28, 2015
After 3 years waiting on the shelf to be selected I have decided that this book needs to travel on in the hopes of finding a new reader.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbookstogivewing at Snellville, Georgia USA on Monday, December 05, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/5/2016 UTC) at Snellville, Georgia USA

Released as a selection from the General Lit VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 11 by wingShrofflandwing at Snellville, Georgia USA on Friday, December 16, 2016
Thank you, bookstogive!

Journal Entry 12 by wingShrofflandwing at Snellville, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 21, 2019
Reserved for ABC VBB

Journal Entry 13 by wingShrofflandwing at Snellville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (7/8/2019 UTC) at Snellville, Georgia USA

On its way to Booklady31!

Journal Entry 14 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, July 11, 2019
The book arrived today. Thank you for sharing it with me