A Love Affair with Southern Cooking: Recipes and Recollections

by Jean Anderson | Cooking, Food & Wine | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingResQgeekwing of Alexandria, Virginia USA on 7/17/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingResQgeekwing from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

An Uncorrected Proof from the HarperCollins First Look program, to read and review.

Journal Entry 2 by wingResQgeekwing from Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 29, 2007
I was born and raised in the North, but I've now lived almost half my life in the South. Since moving below the Mason-Dixon line, I've developed a taste for Southern cuisine. While I've learned how to cook some of my Southern favorites, this book will help fill in the gaps. Each recipe has a head note that describes the history of the dish and the author's experiences with it. In addition, there are profiles of the products, people and companies that have helped make Southern food what it is, and a timeline of the history of Southern cuisine. The recipes, by themselves, sound intriguing, and I can't wait to try my hand at many of them, but the additional information about the development of these recipes showcase the history, agriculture and economy of the South, connecting the great food of this region to its equally fascinating history.

I'm keeping this book in my permanent collection for a while, while I try my hand at Southern cooking with these recipes.

Released 4 mos ago (12/12/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library #29843 - Erin's Legacy (Clermont Woods) in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Restocking the Little Free Library.

Journal Entry 4 by ErinsLegacyLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, January 11, 2021
Removed from the Little Free Library to make room for other books. It will be released elsewhere.

Journal Entry 5 by wingResQgeekwing at Little Free Book Box - 8206 Chancery Ct. in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 27, 2021

Released 2 mos ago (2/27/2021 UTC) at Little Free Book Box - 8206 Chancery Ct. in Alexandria, Virginia USA

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!