A Thousand Splendid Suns

by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Papadoc of Sacramento, California USA on 6/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Papadoc from Sacramento, California USA on Wednesday, June 13, 2007
A depressing story of cruelty and oppression in Afghanistan. Tale of two women and their tragic lives. Author's narration is often distracting by his frequent inclusion of Farsi words. The story illustrates the frustration of trying to help a country that cannot or will not help itself.

Journal Entry 2 by Papadoc at IHOP restaurant at El Camino and Watt in Sacramento, California USA on Thursday, June 21, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (6/21/2007 UTC) at IHOP restaurant at El Camino and Watt in Sacramento, California USA

At customer booth.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, June 22, 2007
Picked this up at a booth in IHOP at Watt and El Camino, and I can't wait to get started on it.

CAUGHT IN SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA USA

Journal Entry 4 by mclairemom from Sacramento, California USA on Tuesday, July 31, 2007
My daughter told me about bookcrossing and gave me this book. I have always liked to keep my books and have a large library, but now i wonder - why? I plan to pass this book to a bookloving friend.

Journal Entry 5 by sandygreen from Sacramento, California USA on Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I did not enjoy this book as much as I did enjoy The Kite Runner. It is still a worthwhile book to read and I am passing it on to my friend visiting from New Mexico.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Thursday, March 13, 2008
I really liked this book. It was not easy to read in that it was so very intense, such painful stories. But the two women in the story, I had to know what happened to them. And I had to pay respect to all oppressed people by reading this difficult fiction of two women. I grew reading it. I grew in my understanding of what it is to live in a war torn country, what it is to live with socially justified oppression, cruelty and violence. It was a painful book, and yet I am filled with hope after reading this story of people in horrible circumstances who respond with honor and make choices that improve the lives of others.

It was tossed to me by a friend whom I was visiting in Sacramento. I intend to see if another book loving friend of mine, here in Silver City, NM has read it yet. If not, I will toss it to her. And if she has read it, I might toss it to the local coffee house.

CAUGHT IN SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA USA