My Heart May Be Broken, but My Hair Still Looks Great

by Dixie Cash | Women's Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by terrafreaky of Overland Park, Kansas USA on 6/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by terrafreaky from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Yay! I finally have a copy of this. I tried ordering it on Amazon & it was pushed back for SEVERAL months before I finally canceled the order. Then I had a failed wishlist request at PBS. This PBS transaction finally came through for me. :)

~~~~~ 11/6/09 putting in 2004 or newer VBB ~~~~

Welcome to Salt Lick, Texas, home of big hair,
big ranches, and two of the biggest busybodies ever to wield a blow-dryer—Debbie Sue and Edwina, also known as the Domestic Equalizers.

Their motto: Don't run over him—get over him!

Their mission: Track down and expose your straying man. And they won't stop until female domestic justice is served.

Debbie Sue Overstreet and Edwina Perkins-Martin have never encountered a problem that couldn't be fixed with a strong margarita, a whole lot of hairspray, and an ear for gossip. They've learned that you'll only find a straying spouse—or solve a crime—by keeping your senses alert. After all, every red-blooded Texas woman knows ears are more than just a place to hang your diamond earrings!

Newcomers stand out in Salt Lick like a preacher in a liquor store, and all ears—and eyes—are on Paige McBride and Spur Atwater. Paige arrived in town with nothing more than two hundred dollars in her pocket and a Cadillac SUV packed with designer clothes. Her oil-rich daddy has cut her off without a penny and now it's time for her to get one of those real jobs.

The Domestic Equalizers know that Paige and her Barbie-doll looks are gonna stir things up. Soon every cowboy, trucker, and even one of Debbie Sue's ex-boyfriends, a rodeo star, is knocking on Paige's door. And, at just about the time she turns up to start her job tending the best cutting horses in Texas, the horses start disappearing from all the local ranches.

Paige discovers she actually likes her work. After all, horses are more loyal than most men. But she doesn't like Spur, the new town veterinarian. Besides being movie-star good-looking, Spur's an ex-football star. Women of all ages love the new vet, and suddenly, more cats and dogs are getting sick than ever before.

Working on the ranch means Paige can't avoid the man, and all those disappearing horses bring her together with the Domestic Equalizers. Edwina and Debbie Sue think that Spur and Paige make the cutest couple—whether they're too bull-headed to realize it or not. But finding themselves knee-deep in the muck of a horse-thievin' and husband-cheatin' escapade is a whole other issue. No doubt about it, hearts are definitely going to get broken, but if these gals have anything to do with it, the hairstyles around town are still gonna look great!

Journal Entry 2 by terrafreaky at Latte Land (135th & Metcalf) in Overland Park, Kansas USA on Monday, February 01, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/1/2010 UTC) at Latte Land (135th & Metcalf) in Overland Park, Kansas USA

Thank you for picking up this book. I'd love to see an entry telling me that it is safe with you. Do with it as you please... read it (or not!), give it to a friend, keep it, leave it in the "wild" for someone else to find - it's up to you! Enjoy!

Released for the following challenge(s):

2010 Valentine's Challenge