The Architecture of Happiness

Registered by SouthbankCentre of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 6/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by SouthbankCentre from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 13, 2007
To be released as part of the London Literature Festival

Released 11 yrs ago (6/30/2007 UTC) at Somewhere along the South Bank in South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom

Journal Entry 3 by bobpp from Tolworth, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 05, 2007
I've only just picked it up, but the first few pages are brilliant.
"How wise were the ancient philosophers in suggesting that we exclude from our vision of contentment anything that might one day be convered by lava or blow down in a hurricane, succumb to a chocolate smear or absorb a wine stain."
More later, but I had to record my delight at finding the South Bank Centre in London teaming up with Bookcrossing to celebrate the London Literature Festival and the re-opening of the Royal Festival Hall. I have been years preaching the Bookcrossing world - now it is absorbed by the glitterati.

Journal Entry 4 by bobpp from Tolworth, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 26, 2007
I didn't read it all - mea culpa. I wanted to pass it on. But it is a great book - food for thought for anyone who lives or works in a building (which would exclude no-one). The weaving together of images and text is brilliant.

Journal Entry 5 by bobpp from Tolworth, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, July 26, 2007
Controlled release - passed on to Anna Cunnyngham

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, August 05, 2007
Alain de Boton has done it again.
This time a study of human sensibility in the context of the buildings we create & live in. He asks us to understand our surroundings; to reflect and act constructively on what is revealed.Using an exciting array of visual examples, he points us towards that understanding of what works and why. He is a great teacher who leaves us excited and charged with a new consciousness of our physical, constructed world and how we can harmonize with it.
A jolly good read.