Artemis Fowl, The Opal Deception

by Eoin Colfer | Teens |
Registered by Tamsine of Strasbourg, Alsace France on 6/11/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Tamsine from Strasbourg, Alsace France on Monday, June 11, 2007
the fourth Artemis Fowl-book. Loads of fun.

Journal Entry 2 by Tamsine from Strasbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, June 17, 2007
on its way to HoserLauren

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 28, 2007
Received today as part of a trade. Thanks so much for sending it along! I've enjoyed the books in the series so far so I'm looking forward to this one!

Thanks again!

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 28, 2009
Artemis Fowl and LEP Captain Holly Short are back for the forth installment of the Artemis Fowl series. The most dangerous enemy to the LEP, Opal Koboi, is seemingly catatonic and being held in a hospital. Yet things start to go very wrong, an LEP official is murdered and Short is framed to make it look like she killed him. Is Opal Koboi really behind this?

This series is a light read and is always entertaining. The imagination of how the underground technology works and the banter between Mulch Diggums (a dwarf that can chew through anything) and the rest of the characters really captures my interest. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Sunday, July 05, 2009
This book is with me now

Journal Entry 6 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Friday, September 25, 2009
Artemis Fowl's knowledge of the underground was wiped clean in the last book. Opal Koboi, a really bad gal has cloned herself and broken out of prison. Artemis is trying to steal an impressionist painting in Berlin and now Opal is after him for putting her behind bars. To make matters worse it looks like LEP Captain Holly Short is being investigated for killing her commander and will not be able to ride to the rescue.

This is a light entertaining read. I love Mulch Diggums, the tunnel-making dwarf. He and Holly really banter back and forth. Looking forward to the next one in the series.

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 17, 2009
I took this book to our Oakville Bookcrossing Meetup on Sunday and someone took it home.