Promise Me

by Harlan Coben | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Latulu of Mûrs-Érigné, Pays de la Loire France on 6/10/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Latulu from Mûrs-Érigné, Pays de la Loire France on Sunday, June 10, 2007
From Publishers Weekly
Last seen in bestseller Coben's Darkest Fear (2000), Myron Bolitar, former basketball star (Boston Celtics) turned sports and entertainment agent and occasional knight in shining armor, is back in fighting form in his action-packed eighth thriller. For the past six years Myron has been leading a quiet life, much of it at his parents' old house in Livingston, N.J. A new girlfriend, Ali Wilder, a 9/11 widow, is helping to bring him out of his shell. Concerned that Ali's teenage daughter, Erin, and Erin's friend, Aimee Biel, might fall in with the wrong crowd, Myron gives them his contact information in case either of them feels she needs help. Aimee later calls him in the middle of the night for a lift to a friend's house, on condition that her request remain a secret. When Aimee turns up missing in circumstances mirroring those surrounding another vanished girl, Bolitar himself becomes a suspect in her disappearance and must use his wits and martial arts skills to uncover the truth. Coben fans will find much to enjoy in this well-crafted suspense novel, which has a startling final twist. (Apr. 25)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

Journal Entry 2 by Latulu from Mûrs-Érigné, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, June 25, 2007
J’ai trouvé ce livre à l’hôtel lors de mes dernières vacances aux Canaries. Il était dans une pile de livres déposée par un vacancier qui voulait certainement voyager léger au retour.

Le suspense fonctionne plutôt bien et on se laisse vite prendre par l’intrigue. Pour moi le final est un peu décevant ; j’avais identifié « le méchant » depuis un petit moment.
En prime, on a le droit au premier chapitre d’un autre thriller de Harlan Coben : « The Woods ». Et le piège risque de bien fonctionner puisque ça m’a vraiment donné envie de le lire !

Journal Entry 3 by Latulu at Postal Release in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (9/11/2007 UTC) at Postal Release in RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Charleston (USA).

Journal Entry 4 by starbookz from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Thursday, October 4, 2007
Received here in Charleston, SC USA, all the way from Brittany! Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, October 20, 2007
Picked up at our meetup. Have never read Harlan Coben, but will give a try!

Journal Entry 6 by wingbookczukwing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, October 24, 2007
I took this with me to read on vacation and really enjoyed it. Have not read any Coben before, but liked his characters, and his plot twists-- the one at the very end was good. I had wondered about a certain character's motivation early in the book, but forgot about it as I was swept into the novel.

HAve offered this to javaczuk, and if he does not wish to read it, I'll pass it on at the November meetup.

How cool that this came from France! It is indeed, well traveled.

I am taking this to our meetup, but if no one claims it will rescue it and bring it to another meetup or to our Second Annual Great Book give Away in Dec.

Note- No claimers at the meetup, so will take to our great book giveaway on Dec 1.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbookczukwing at Marion Square in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (12/1/2007 UTC) at Marion Square in Charleston, South Carolina USA

This book is being released (hopefully) at the Second Annual Great Book Give Away, sponsored by Charleston BookCrossers. Look for us at the corner of King and Calhoun at Marion Square on Dec 1 after the Reindeer Run. We'll be passing out books to passers by. Stop by, say hi and pick up a book!

If you're new to BookCrossing, welcome! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels- You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Charleston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (second Saturday of the month) at various spots in the Tri-county area. Come join us! For more information, see our webpage here! Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!