Vector

by Robin Cook | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by tranq1 of Tampa, Florida USA on 6/6/2007
Journal Entry 1 by tranq1 from Tampa, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Amazon.com
Robin Cook's latest plot--the threat of an anthrax [bacterium] turned loose in a New York government building and in Central Park--is ripped straight from the headlines, and as such it may be charitably described as having a certain lumpish quality in the prose and an overabundance of cuteness in the lead characters.

Jack Stapleton and Laurie Montgomery, the dueling forensic pathologists who bounced off each other in Cook's Chromosome 6, collide and combine once again as a mad Russian cabdriver, who used to work in a Moscow bioweapons factory, comes up with a plan to punish America for not welcoming him with open arms. The cabby forms an unlikely alliance with two firemen who happen to be white supremacists; they fund his anthrax research to further their own lunatic schemes.

Cook is, as ever, best at creating scenes of perfectly realized medical terror which plug into the paranoia of the moment. But if you want deep characters and sensitive description, read Fay Weldon.

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Picked out of BigJohnLefty's audio bookbox.
I've read a few Robin Cook and have enjoyed them as pot-boilers :)
I've never listened to one though, so this should be fun.

Journal Entry 3 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, September 19, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (9/19/2010 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I enjoyed this audiobook - I actually listened to it a couple times as I drive a lot and enjoy audiobooks in my van. Anyways, it has been on my shelf for waaaaaayyyyy too long so I am sending it off to the winner of Smurphie's Audiobook Sweepstakes. I hope she likes it!

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Friday, September 24, 2010
Thank you so much. I've never read or listened to anything by this author, but I am looking forward to experiencing his work for the first time. Your generosity is humbling - the bookmarks will get a lot of use!

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 16, 2010
I enjoyed this, though I did find parts of it somewhat predictable. However, the twist at the end was quite unexpected!

Journal Entry 6 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (10/24/2011 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Hope whomever finds this will enjoy it.