Traveller

by Richard Adams | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0440204933 Global Overview for this book
Registered by mammajamma of Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on 6/5/2007
Journal Entry 1 by mammajamma from Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on Tuesday, June 5, 2007
Traveller was Gen. Robert E. Lee's horse during the American Civil War. This book is Traveller's story. Although it may seem odd, just think of Adams' other novels, "The Plague Dogs" and "Watership Down" as well as Anna Sewell's classic novel "Black Beauty".

I had just finished reading Harry Turtledove's alternate history about the Civil War ("Guns of the South") when I came across "Traveller". Since I enjoyed Adams' previously mentioned novels immensely, I thought I'd give this one a try. I'm glad I did.

The style was easy to read and history seen through a horse's eye was touching. One gets a true sense of the hardship of those years as well as the heart the Confederate troops had.

I hope that you enjoy this as much as I did.

Journal Entry 2 by mammajamma at Burger King in Las Cruces, New Mexico USA on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (6/28/2007 UTC) at Burger King in Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

This is the one on the corner of Telshor and Lohman. I left it propped by the front door to the right as you enter.