The Bare-Faced Messiah: The true story of L. Ron Hubbard

by Russell Miller | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by Nisaba000 of Toukley , New South Wales Australia on 6/3/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Nisaba000 from Toukley , New South Wales Australia on Sunday, June 03, 2007
The biography, very well-researched, of hte man who invented sicentology after telling his undergraduate friends that if you really wanted to make money you had to invent your own religion; and who wrote some quite acceptable science fiction, on which he later based his religion .

A loveable and readable story of a complete rogue.

Journal Entry 2 by AnonymousFriend from Wantirna South, Victoria Australia on Thursday, June 14, 2007
So this is the author of Battleship Earth and the Mission Earth series. I'll have to peruse it before setting it on its further journey.

next Tuesday

Journal Entry 4 by eris-in-oz from Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Delivered safely. L. Ron Hubbard isn't one of my favourite authors, but I'll see what the real man is like.

Journal Entry 5 by eris-in-oz at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Friday, May 22, 2020
Hmmm, I wrote that I'll see what the real man was like when I received this book. Now that I've read it, I'll say he was the most amazing con artist. It is sad that someone with so much charisma can use it to destroy everyone around him for his own benefit.

Journal Entry 6 by eris-in-oz at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 17, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (4/18/2021 UTC) at Dingley Village, Victoria Australia

For the next meet-up release.

Journal Entry 7 by Cudgee at Templestowe Lower, Victoria Australia on Sunday, April 18, 2021
From a big bag of books for me to pass on....

Journal Entry 8 by Cudgee at The Fat Cup Cafe in Blackburn, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 30, 2021

Released 1 day ago (5/6/2021 1:00 AM UTC) at The Fat Cup Cafe in Blackburn, Victoria Australia

Release #183 ..

Journal Entry 9 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, May 06, 2021
Caught today.