Anita and Me

by Meera Syal | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingsoffitta1wing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on 6/2/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingsoffitta1wing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, June 02, 2007
Picked up in a charity shop in Dovercourt.

Anita is the local bad girl, who Meena wants to be friends with, imagine her happiness when Anita invites her into her gang. Taking place in the 60s in a midland town, Meena struggles between her parents' ambitions for her to be like her cousins, being from the only Punjabi family in the town and wanting to be more like Anita.

Released 12 yrs ago (6/20/2007 UTC) at By post in Soffitta1's 2nd U.K. Bookbox (Asia Theme), A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

In Soffitta1's 2nd U.K. Bookbox (Asia Theme).

Journal Entry 3 by clairemagnolia from Blackpool, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Brilliant!

Journal Entry 4 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, July 20, 2007
Lifted from the bookbox

I picked up a copy of this book a while back and wild released it before I read it, which was very foolish of me. Now I have another chance.

Journal Entry 5 by winglelliewing from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, May 30, 2008
Enjoyed this one enormously. It's now travelling on in my recent fiction bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by ecossaise on Friday, June 06, 2008
From recent fiction book box - and looks like it will cheer up my next long train trip!