The Five People You Meet in Heaven

by Mitch Albom | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingHaugtussawing of Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on 6/2/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingHaugtussawing from Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, June 02, 2007
From the author of the phenomenal #1 New York Times bestseller Tuesdays with Morrie, a novel that explores the unexpected connections of our lives, and the idea that heaven is more than a place; it's an answer.

Eddie is a wounded war veteran, an old man who has lived, in his mind, an uninspired life. His job is fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. On his 83rd birthday, a tragic accident kills him as he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakes in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a destination. It's a place where your life is explained to you by five people, some of whom you knew, others who may have been strangers. One by one, from childhood to soldier to old age, Eddie's five people revisit their connections to him on earth, illuminating the mysteries of his "meaningless" life, and revealing the haunting secret behind the eternal question: "Why was I here?"

Journal Entry 2 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Tuesday, July 30, 2019
Quite an interesting read about how the life's of people interact.

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, September 21, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (9/21/2019 UTC) at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Thank you so much! I've heard that this is a very good book.

ETA: Such a beautiful book! I really enjoyed it. This is my second book by this author and I would love to try out even more of their writing.

Journal Entry 5 by bamaforever at Media Mail in USPS, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, January 23, 2020

Released 4 wks ago (1/23/2020 UTC) at Media Mail in USPS, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Releasing in the First Sentence Wrap It Up Bookbox

"This is a story about a man named Eddie and it begins at the end, with Eddie dying in the sun."

Journal Entry 6 by wingkaila-annwing at Galivants Ferry, South Carolina USA on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Selected from the “Wrap it up Book Box”

Already read this one so it’ll be doing some traveling.