Note: Book successfully released. Release Another book to this location!
 –

VISIONS

by Edited by Donald R. Gallo | Arts & Photography |
ISBN: 038529588x Global Overview for this book
Registered by awakeagain of Port Murray, New Jersey USA on 5/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Sunday, May 27, 2007
From my daughter's collection

Journal Entry 2 by awakeagain from Port Murray, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Going in my Short Story bookbox

Journal Entry 3 by echesketch from Landis, North Carolina USA on Friday, August 24, 2007
Recv'd this book on 8/22/07 from awakeagain's Non-Returning Book Box (# 19) of Short Stories.

***

9/9/08 Update to add book description:

The stories range from Richard Peck's spooky Shadows, about a girl who loves ghosts; to The All-American Slurp, by Lensey Namiokia, in which a Chinese girl charts her family's good-natured but bumpy progress toward becoming "normal Americans"; to Jane Yolen's mythical tale of a girl transformed by her own womanly powers; to The Beginning of Something, by Sue Ellen Bridgers, in which Roseanne discovers that even in the midst of grief and a funeral, something wonderful - real life - can begin.

This is a companion volume to the widely praised collection titled Sixteen.

Journal Entry 4 by echesketch from Landis, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 01, 2008
This book is on its way to wolflvr8!

Journal Entry 5 by wolflvr8 from Midlothian, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 04, 2008
Received in Kids/Teens Bookbox from echesketch...Thank you!

This will go on my TBR list...I love reading pretty much anything, so a collection of short stories sounds great.

Update 10/12:

I really enjoyed these short stories. You get just enough story to get interested, and then it ends. It was fun thinking about what would happen next if the stories were longer. There is also a page about the author after each story. A great read!

Journal Entry 6 by wolflvr8 at mailed, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 21, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/21/2009 UTC) at mailed, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I'm sending this out as part of my August RABCK Giveaway. Enjoy the book! There are some good short stories in here.

Journal Entry 7 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, August 24, 2009
August RABCK. Added to the TBR shelf!

Journal Entry 8 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, March 08, 2015
Pulled to read because it matched this month's ultimate challenge.

Just couldn't find any stories that intrigued me. This will leave again, probably for the train station bookshelves, where this type of read often gets picked up (although j/e's are miniscule.

Journal Entry 9 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale R5 Train Station in Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, March 09, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (3/9/2015 UTC) at Lansdale R5 Train Station in Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA

for the 3 every week, ultimate and Places release challenges

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!