The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

by Douglas Adams | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by laura0141 of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/23/2007
Journal Entry 1 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 23, 2007
The Back of the Book

Seconds before the Earth is demolished to make way for a galactic freeway, Arthur Dent is plucked off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher for the revised edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy who, for the last fifteen years, has been posing as an out-of-work actor.

Together this dynamic pair begin a journey through space aided by quotes from The Hitchhiker's Guide ("A towel is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have") and a galaxy-full of fellow travelers: Zaphod Beeblebrox - the two-headed, three-armed ex-hippie and totally out-to-lunch president of the galaxy; Trillian, Zaphod's girlfriend (formally Tricia McMillan), whom Arthur tried to pick up at a cocktail party once upon a time zone; Marvin, a paranoid, brilliant, and chronically depressed robot; Veet Voojagig, a former graduate student who is obsessed with the disappearance of all the ballpoint pens he bought over the years.

Where are these pens? Wy are we born? Why do we die? Why do we spend so much time in between wearing digital watches? For all the answers stick your thumb to the stars. And don't forget to bring a towel!

Having acquired this, I find that it really doesn't appeal.

Offered as BookRing.

Journal Entry 2 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 23, 2007
BookRing:

carelaisa - Can - Intl if nec
pinkydinky - UK - Eur
laura0141 - UK - ENDS

Journal Entry 3 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2008
PMed carelaisa for addy.

Journal Entry 4 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, February 18, 2008
On way to carelaisa

Journal Entry 5 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Monday, February 25, 2008
Got the book today. Will read as soon as possible!

Journal Entry 6 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Thursday, March 13, 2008
I finished the book this past weekend and I must say that it was a good read. Funny like I expected it but I also wanted a bit more. Maybe because I had the movie in mind while reading the book. In anycase, it's a good book and I'll definitely read more books written by this author.
Since the next person in line for this short ring has already read the book, it's going back to its owner. It'll be in the mail tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by wingcarelaisawing from Québec, Québec Canada on Friday, March 14, 2008
this book has been mailed today via airmail.

Journal Entry 8 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Received with thanks.

Offered on BookMooch.

Sale1

Journal Entry 9 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 17, 2008
Released via BookMooch.