Deception Point

by Dan Brown | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by amy-in-ypsi of Ypsilanti, Michigan USA on 5/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by amy-in-ypsi from Ypsilanti, Michigan USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2007
As one of the 9 people who haven't read Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code," I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. That said, I thought "Deception Point" was interesting mostly because of the "All technologies in the book really exist" note at the beginning. I'm not sure if that's really true, but it helped hold my interest quite a bit.

I rated the book a 4 because although I generally appreciate a plot-heavy book, this was too melodramatic for me. Entertaining enough and a fast read, but the romantic sub-plot was WAY strained, as were some other points. Brown seems to be an author who Wants To Make Sure You Got It and beats you over the head with the plot.

Anyway, think of it as TV you can read... not memorable, but passes the time on a long plane ride or a doctor's waiting room!

Journal Entry 2 by amy-in-ypsi at Cafe Verde in Ann Arbor, Michigan USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Released 14 yrs ago (5/22/2007 UTC) at Cafe Verde in Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

In the magazine basket across from the cafe counter.