Silent Prey

by John Sandford | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by rampallion of Evanston, Illinois USA on 5/19/2007
Journal Entry 1 by rampallion from Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, May 19, 2007
I read another John Sandford and liked it, but I have such a backlog of books that I'm going to release this one unread.

Released 12 yrs ago (5/22/2007 UTC) at Panera Bread Co. at Church & Sherman in Evanston, Illinois USA

I'll release this at Panera Tuesday about 6--the official meeting is from 6 till 9 p.m. Maybe I'll see some other BookCrossers there.

Journal Entry 3 by marcus23 from Brevard, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Picked up this evening at Panera Bread.

Not sure if I read this one or not. But I like John Sandford's Lucas Davenport stories.

Journal Entry 4 by marcus23 from Brevard, North Carolina USA on Sunday, May 02, 2010
Suspenseful. A page turner. Lucas Davenport goes to New York. His friend Lily has asked him to come. She works for a guy named O’Dell and is engaged to someone named Kinnet. Bekker, a guy Lucas caught in a previous book but not before he sliced up a woman friend of Lucas’, is on the loose in the Big City and slicing away again. There is also a subplot in that it appears that some cops are going out, on their own, and killing mostly bad guys. But who are they and who runs them?

It is a good story.

“…Superior’ll show you things the Atlantic can’t.... Well, once every few years it freezes over - and you look out there, a horizon like a knife and it’s ice all the way out. You can walk out to the horizon and never get there."

Personally I doubted this. But I Googled it and got this website http://climate.umn.edu/doc/journal/superior030603.htm. On March 6, 2003, 90% of Superior was frozen. “Lake Superior will freeze completely over approximately once in 20 years.” This is per the Great Lakes Aquarium. At this same time, “Lakes Huron and Erie are ice-covered, with much of shallow Lake Erie buried under 28 or more inches of ice, the center reported. Northern Lake Michigan is frozen, but the mid- to lower section is open, other than coastal areas,” per the AP report on March 6, 2003. I live at the lower section of Lake Michigan.

How you can tell it is mostly frozen is that there are no wave forecasts. Bizarre.

Journal Entry 5 by marcus23 at Potbelly's Sandwich Works -Davis St in Evanston, Illinois USA on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/11/2010 UTC) at Potbelly's Sandwich Works -Davis St in Evanston, Illinois USA

To be left at the meet up at Potbelly's.

If there are no takers, it will be left on the shelves.