Vintage: A Ghost Story

by Steve Berman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 5/19/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, May 19, 2007
I'm not sure how to best categorize this one; I got it from the InsightOut Books site, where it's described as a "supernatural teen thriller" about a gay teen who's been kicked out by his parents and who finds himself falling for a handsome young man who just might be a ghost...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I finally plucked this one from my BRs a few days ago, and enjoyed it very much. Yes, there's a ghost story, but it doesn't go in the direction I was expecting - there are several intriguing (and sometimes heart-wrenching) twists along the way. The main character, a lonely gay teen, does indeed fall for a ghost - but he also begins to open up to his friends who are still among the living. Along the way he helps one friend resolve a painful family mystery, and may be able to untangle a few more threads from the past...

There are some very effective, chilling scenes - not too over-the-top gruesome but still very scary. And I liked the characters, and was pleased with the way things worked out.

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 24, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/24/2009 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm putting this book into Laevina's Fantasy/SF/Horror book box (see the forum post for the mailing order). The box will be on its way to BCer Oldbroad in Washington later today. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Friday, October 16, 2009
I chose this book from the Fantasy/SF/Horror book box. It intrigued me. Thanks for including me!

Great Story! Loved it!

Journal Entry 5 by wingheartthumperwing at TBR Virtual Bookbox, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (12/30/2009 UTC) at TBR Virtual Bookbox, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Gruzgirl as part of a Virtual Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by Gzusgirl from Overland Park, Kansas USA on Monday, January 11, 2010
:D This book looks so interesting... and I like the title a lot. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Thanks for sending it to me, heartthumper! :D