Journey to the Stone Country

by Alex miller | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by LeighBCD on 5/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Wednesday, May 16, 2007
I bought this some time ago after having placed a plea on the Bookcrossing forums for recommendations for modern Australian fiction - this novel was among my chosen few.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Saturday, May 19, 2007
I could not get into this so I am exercising the Nancy Pearl rule.

What I could not believe, quite honestly, is that a woman whose husband of 20 years has left her (out of the blue) is within 24 hours tramping around the bush without seemingly giving the old man a second thought? I just don't believe that would ever happen. Such a woman would be prostrate and immovable with shock, she would not be hanging around with a stockman. Because I could not believe this aspect of her character, I could not get into the rest of the novel, I found the story, rightly or wrongly, just too unbelievable. Unfortunately. And I really mean unfortunately because this book has been hailed as one of the best Australian novels for a very long time.

This will be released into the wild. I hope whoever finds it, enjoys it - welcome to Bookcrossing!!!!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at Sheraton Hotel Lobby in Schiphol Airport, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (5/23/2007 UTC) at Sheraton Hotel Lobby in Schiphol Airport, Noord-Holland Netherlands

left on a chair - hope whoever finds this book enjoys it!!

Journal Entry 4 by tombolo from Lopez Island, Washington USA on Saturday, June 02, 2007
Found 8th floor same hotel. I loved the book.

CAUGHT IN AMSTERDAM NE