The Kite Runner

by Khaled Hosseini | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Bookcloud of Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on 1/20/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Bookcloud from Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Sunday, January 20, 2008
I'm sure I had this book on my shelf but definitely can't find it so bought a new one!!

Journal Entry 2 by Bookcloud from Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom on Saturday, February 09, 2008
This book was fabulous. Now on its way as a RABCK to Mallory

Journal Entry 3 by Mallary from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Friday, February 22, 2008
Thanks so much for this RABCK.
My daughter will read it next (she will make a journal entry afterwards) and also another expat friend (who I hope will join BC!).
Thanks again.

Journal Entry 4 by lillykai from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Thursday, March 27, 2008
Borrowed from Mallary.
This was an amazing story, sad in places, but I really loved reading it, thanks for lending it to me.

Journal Entry 5 by Mallary from Ginestas, Languedoc-Roussillon France on Thursday, March 27, 2008
Reserved for DEESSE as promised.

Journal Entry 6 by Mallary at through the mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, June 04, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (6/2/2009 UTC) at through the mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Hope you enjoy this one, I thought it was fantastic!
(Looking forward to the film now!)

Journal Entry 7 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Saturday, June 06, 2009
This book arrived today, together with "The Secret Life of Bees". Thank you, Mallary, for this trade.
I've wanted to read this for a long time, but I'm afraid it'll have to wait till my summer holidays... (too many rings).
But I'm looking forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 8 by DEESSE at Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, May 02, 2011
I finally read this book later than planned (as part of the German "reduce mount to be read-challenge" , for April: topic: "Let's play" - and flying kites is a sort of play...)

What a book! I loved the story, even made me cry sometimes - and I loved the ending a lot.
Besides, one could learn a lot about Afghan people and their traditions.

The "Reading Guide" in the back of the book was very interesting too, the questions "for discussion" made me think a bit more.

Thanks for letting me read this great book!

Journal Entry 9 by DEESSE at Erstein, Alsace France on Monday, April 09, 2012
This book will travel with me to the "International BC Convention" in Dublin!

Journal Entry 10 by DEESSE at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (4/13/2012 UTC) at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

during the BC Convention - on a book table?

Journal Entry 11 by wingardachywing at -- Wild Released somewhere in Dublin in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (4/15/2012 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Dublin in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

During the convention release walk.

Journal Entry 12 by veronicacumbrtn at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Loved reading this book had promised myself a long time ago that i was going to buy it after previously reading a Thousand Splendid Suns and found this to be as enjoyable, also it is a great insight into Afgan culture and their way of life. Also quiet a moving story which had me crying at times.
I am hoping to pass it on to a friend who is travelling to Bali soon so watch this space