American Gods

by Neil Gaiman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by BVLiberryGirl on 2/6/2003
Journal Entry 1 by BVLiberryGirl on Thursday, February 06, 2003
This book was first recommended to me by my boss at school. I gave it a try, but it didn't do anything for me. A few months later someone else recommended it to me and lent me their copy. I got about 100 pgs in during one sitting and vowed I would not give up. It's over a month later and I've finished it, finally. I gotta say it wasn't really a book I liked, but that's simply my opinion. Most other people that have read it really enjoyed it. I just felt there wasn't enough character development, and I wasn't left with a feeling of resolution or satisfaction when I was done, but that's just me--I always like to have things tied up in a nice, little package.
At any rate, I have permission from my friend to relsase the book, and now that I think about it it's very appropriate that I do so here since she lent it to me when I visited her in England, and now I'm back here myself. It's also fitting when one take into account the title and the fact that the author's British but lives in the States--the reverse of my situation for the time being. Let's just see if it stays here or makes it somewhere else in the world.

Released on Tuesday, February 11, 2003 at Stansted Airport, near the arrivals area in London, Midnight-ish, Stansted airport, Feb 11 United Kingdom.

I left it on a chair surrounded by people awaiting arriving passengers after I passed through customs when I returned from a weekend in Prague.