Not Wanted On The Voyage

by Timothy Findley | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by HeyEcho of Meaford, Ontario Canada on 5/10/2007
Journal Entry 1 by HeyEcho from Meaford, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 10, 2007
Back in high school my best friend introduced me to the writings of Timothy Findley. This story in particular is amazing, it is the "real" story of Noah and the Ark told by several narrators.

I have decided to offer this book as my first book ring.
The order so far is:

deereads(Canada)

Journal Entry 2 by HeyEcho from Meaford, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 10, 2007
Am posting this book to Deereads today at lunch :)

Journal Entry 3 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Came in the mail today. Looks like I will be reading over the long weekend!! I've got one other bookring book to finish and then I will get into this one. Gotta go read!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Journal Entry 4 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 20, 2007
This book is on a list of the "top 100 reads" that I am trying to finish. It took me longer than usual to read through this book - not one that you can just breeze through over a weekend!! I enjoyed the style of writing and hearing the "Noah's Ark" story from all the voices of the characters especially from Mottyl's point of view. I found the "death of the unicorn" section very disturbing and found myself really disliking Noah immensely throughout the book!! (I don't think I would recommend this book to someone like my Mom - aka 'the church lady' LOL)
Thanks to HeyEcho for sharing - that takes one more off my list!!!

Journal Entry 5 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Releasing at the Barrie bookcrossing meetup tonight.

Journal Entry 6 by Nelle from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 22, 2007
I picked this up from another bookcrosser. It would appear to be rather controversial so I am looking forward to it. I won't have much time to read for a while since we are moving soon but I will try to put it somewhere near the top when I move Mt.TBR.