Whiteout

by Ken Follett | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 5/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, May 25, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

5 CDs; abridged; read by Barbara Rosenblat

From Publishers Weekly
Bestseller Follett sets his sights on biological terrorism, pumping old-school adrenaline into this new breed of thriller. Ex-policewoman Antonia "Toni" Gallo, head of security at a boutique pharmaceuticals company, has discovered that two doses of an experimental drug—developed as a potential cure for the deadly Madoba-2 virus—have vanished from her top-secret laboratory. This mystery is a precursor to a more serious crime being planned by Kit Oxenford, the gambling-addicted son of the company's founder, Stanley Oxenford. Kit, deeply in debt to mobster Harry Mac, sees a raid on his father's lab as a chance to score enough money to disappear and start anew in another country. Some characters are a bit familiar—the pesky, unprincipled journalist; the imbecilic police detective—but others, the mobster's psychopathic daughter in particular, show idiosyncratic originality. After a long buildup, the burglary is set in motion, and Kit's best-laid plans begin to fall apart. Eventually, good guys and bad guys end up at the Oxenford family estate, trapped in the house by a fierce snowstorm as they battle one another over the material stolen from the laboratory. A romance between the recently widowed Stanley and Toni and the unexpected addition of Toni's comically addled mother thicken the plot as Follett's agonizingly protracted, nail-biter ending drags readers to the very edge of their seats and holds them captive until the last villain is satisfactorily dispatched.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Reserved for an audio CD bookbox

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, June 29, 2007
This was ok. I have read better and I have read worse. I think I need a change in genre.

Released 15 yrs ago (8/25/2007 UTC) at By Mail in Controlled Release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

booklady331's CD ONLY BookBox starting 8/25/07

The rules are books
1. on CD ONLY.
2. If you take out unabridged, put in unabridged.
3. If you take out a book on 10 CDs put in a book with a similar number of CDs either put in one with 10, 2- 5s, or one with 8.
4. Keep no longer than 2 weeks, since you are only replacing books
5. I will place a journal in the box. write in it if you want, but please keep it with the box.

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, April 18, 2008
Arrived back in the CD only book box. I am leaving it in the box.

Journal Entry 6 by sweetybeans from Cottage Grove, Oregon USA on Monday, March 23, 2009
Surprisingly I enjoyed this book. Listened to it while I sewed.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, March 28, 2010
This book made it home in my CD only bookbox. I will decide what to do with the book -- keep it in this box, listen to it, or put it in another bookbox.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (8/11/2010 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! For One Word Title and RABCK Release Challenges 2010 to Bet80.

She gave it back to me.

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Released 12 yrs ago (9/29/2010 UTC) at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada

Enjoy! to catwoman for Audio RABCK. Sorry I got behind in mailing it out. I have been overwhelmed at work and volunteering. I hope you haven't read this book and enjoy the author.

Journal Entry 10 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Received in the mail today along with some BC stickers, a book mark, and some calendar pages. I have read a couple of books by this author but not this one. Looking forward to listening to it.

Journal Entry 11 by Catwoman at Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 21, 2011
I agre with a previous journaler. I've read better by this author but I've also read worse.

Journal Entry 12 by Catwoman at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Released 11 yrs ago (10/24/2011 UTC) at CAPS 2-100 SUB (table by copier) in Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Hope whomever finds this will enjoy it.