Mariner''s Compass (Benni Harper Mystery)

by Earlene Fowler | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by craftykat of Appleton, Wisconsin USA on 5/4/2007
Journal Entry 1 by craftykat from Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Friday, May 04, 2007
Great book. I am eager to read the rest of the series.

From the book:

"When Jacob Chamdler died, he left his home in Morro Bay and all its contents to Benni Harper---the only stipulation being that she had to stay in the house, alone, for two weeks before the inheritance became hers. But Benni has never even heard of Jacob Chandler. Now she has two weeks to follow his scavenger-hunt set of clues to discover whether he is her guardian angel or personal demon. And soon she finds herself setting a course to a time and place in her own past---a place she and Jacob Chandler both knew as home..."

Journal Entry 2 by craftykat from Appleton, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, August 11, 2007
6th book in the Benni Harper series going out as part of a Benni Harper bookray. Members are:

UnwrittenLibra in Baltimore, MD
iliotropio in Belgium
bilbi in France
AnglersRest in UK
silvia-pco in Portugal

LyzzyBee in UK

Hope you all continue to enjoy this series. Please email the next person in line when you are ready to send the books out.

And don't forget to journal your thoughts on the books.

Craftykat

Journal Entry 3 by UnwrittenLibra from Middleton, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, January 12, 2008
Number six in the craftykat's Benni Harper bookbox. I'm flying right through these! Already 3 chapters in, the premise looks really interesting. Can't wait to read more...this might be a winner.

Journal Entry 4 by UnwrittenLibra from Middleton, Wisconsin USA on Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Ding ding ding - we have a winner! Best Benni Harper yet. Getting out of San Celina really bade well for the characters this time, and for once, Gabe was not central to the plot! I really saw Benni break out of her shell and really think cognitively, put things together - I was completely stymied by the end. Also loved the familial connections.

Sending this off to iliotropio soon with Dove in the Window, and then, if you don't mind, Kathie, I'm going to take a short break from this bookbox and work on some rings/rays and other reading. Don't worry...I'll get back to them soon! I just think that iliotropio might want more some time with the books and won't need the other six promptly.

Journal Entry 5 by UnwrittenLibra from Middleton, Wisconsin USA on Thursday, March 27, 2008
Sent to iliotropio today from Amherst, MA! Go book go!

Journal Entry 6 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Monday, April 14, 2008
Arrived safely as well.
Thanks UnwrittenLibra for thinking about me! Actually, I've still got 3 and a half x Benni to keep me company, so there's no rush.

Journal Entry 7 by iliotropio from Bruxelles / Brussel, Bruxelles / Brussel Belgium on Sunday, August 17, 2008
The best Benni so far, in my humble opinion (and, of course, I fell in love with adorable Scout!).
Off to bilbi. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Thursday, August 21, 2008
Received today !
More Wisconsin cows ;-)
Thanks for sharing... again :D

I won't tell you about my loving this series...

Received from iliotropio, without a glance at the participant list, I'm sure it'll be AnglersRest next \o/

Journal Entry 9 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Thursday, August 28, 2008
As great as always !

I can't say anything about the plot but this is a very emotional story !

Yet I can thank you all and wish you a lot of good books \o/

Journal Entry 10 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 02, 2008
I've had a very busy day. I've had an early dinner and now am going to bed(7.15pm) with a cup of tea and a supply of fruit and the latest book of the spiral which arrived today, I recognised bilbi's writing, and planned earlier on my evening's entertainment. There is only so much excitment a girl can handle!

I'm sure I'll journal tomorrow! Thanks for sending!

Journal Entry 11 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Oh my, the best of the series....yet!

Benni inherits all the worldly goods of someone who has recently passed away; the only problem is that she has no idea who he is?.....Then Benni hears that to claim the estate she has to move into the house she is due to inherit for two weeks. Benni is curious, why all the secrecy? Who is this man and why? All the questions and answers which of course lead to even more questions and general investigating, which leads her to question her own family and those she called Mom and Dad......

On its way to Portugal on Friday 5th Sep. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 12 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Saturday, October 18, 2008
It's with me!