The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America

by Erik Larson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on 6/12/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Picked this up at a yard sale. I read this a couple of years ago - it's excellent.

From the cover -
Bringing Chicago circa 1963 to vivid life, Erik Larson's spellbinding bestseller intertwines the true tale of two men - the brilliant architect behind the legendary 1893 World's Fair, striving to secure America's place in the world; and the cunning serial killer who used the fair to lure his victims to their death. Combining meticulous research with nail-biting storytelling, Erik Larson has crafted a narrative with all the wonder of newly discovered history and the thrills of the best fiction.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Mount Airy Public Library in Mount Airy, Maryland USA on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (7/12/2007 UTC) at Mount Airy Public Library in Mount Airy, Maryland USA

Leaving on the OBCZ shelf in the library.

Journal Entry 3 by jemarq at Westminster, Maryland USA on Friday, August 10, 2012
I have taken this book with me to Salvo, North Carolina and am now finishing it up. Erik Larson is one of my favorite writers. My husband will be reading this book next and from there we will pass it on.