Coyote Blue

by Christopher Moore | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by emtmeghan of on 5/29/2007
Journal Entry 1 by emtmeghan from not specified, not specified not specified on Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Love Minty Fresh? Meet him here for what I think might be the first time! Really enjoyed this book and sped through it in an afternoon.

From the Publisher

From Christopher Moore, author of Fluke, comes a quirky, irreverent novel of love, myth, metaphysics, outlaw biking, angst, and outrageous redemption.

As a boy growing up in Montana, he was Samson Hunts Alone -- until a deadly misunderstanding with the law forced him to flee the Crow reservation at age fifteen. Today he is Samuel Hunter, a successful Santa Barbara insurance salesman with a Mercedes, a condo, and a hollow, invented life. Then one day, shortly after his thirty-fifth birthday, destiny offers him the dangerous gift of love -- in the exquisite form of Calliope Kincaid -- and a curse in the unheralded appearance of an ancient Indian god by the name of Coyote. Coyote, the trickster, has arrived to transform tranquillity into chaos, to reawaken the mystical storyteller within Sam ... and to seriously screw up his existence in the process.

Journal Entry 2 by emtmeghan at on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Released 15 yrs ago (5/29/2007 UTC) at

I'm sending this as an RABCK to a member who has it on her wishlist. I'm including it in a bookbox that I am mailing to her (to save on postage).

Journal Entry 3 by missprisy from Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Monday, June 4, 2007
I love Christopher Moore, I can't wait to read this one. Thank you!!!

Journal Entry 4 by missprisy at Edmond, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, September 22, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (9/23/2022 UTC) at Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Adding to an animals book box

Journal Entry 5 by Azuki at Miami, Florida USA on Monday, December 19, 2022
I've read this already but still happy to see a Christopher Moore book in the box, and just want to add my thoughts:

This is one of Moore's earlier books, and while I can see the emergence of a brilliant and funny author, the story is a bit uneven, and not the best of his books. I'd recommend Lamb, Bloodsucking Fiends, A Dirty Job (in which Minty Fresh will make more appearance).

That said, it's for the most part a fun read, with the author trying to add some depth beyond the comedy.