Brokeback Mountain: Now a Major Motion Picture

by Annie Proulx | Gay & Lesbian |
Registered by rem_XDP-320934 on 4/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by rem_XDP-320934 on Friday, April 13, 2007
probably start reading it this weekend

Journal Entry 2 by rem_XDP-320934 on Saturday, April 14, 2007
beautiful but sad, haven't seen the movie but think I might after reading the story. Reading this made me more aware of how far we have come in acceptance- even though we still have a way to go.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, August 20, 2007
I've already read this, so I won't keep the book, but I did want to add my comments before sending it on its way with the rest of the bookbox.

This is the movie-tie-in edition of the short story, which I originally read as part of the Close Range: Wyoming Stories collection. I thoroughly enjoyed the story of two ranch hands who fall in love; it conveys more emotion and more story in fewer words and less dialog than almost any other tale I can remember. Proulx can be very, very spare in her story-telling, and this tale is barely sketched and yet startlingly vivid...

Journal Entry 5 by trevor4551 from Caloundra, Queensland Australia on Thursday, September 13, 2007
Taken from the bookbox, though I've read this one. I don't want it to have to return home to Scoobs-buddy. Brokeback Mountain is a great story.