Da Vinci Code Decoded: The Truth Behind the New York Times #1 Bestseller

by Martin Lunn | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by beeofgoodcheer of Stowmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom on 5/18/2007
Journal Entry 1 by beeofgoodcheer from Stowmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, May 18, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Journal Entry 2 by beeofgoodcheer from Stowmarket, Suffolk United Kingdom on Friday, May 18, 2007
The Da Vinci Code is a modern-day publishing phenomenon. With millions of copies in print, it is the most popular adult novel of the 21st Century. In an introductory note author Dan Brown tells us that "all descriptions of documents and secret rituals...are accurate". But are they? Many scholars and theologians have attacked the book and the "facts" on which it was based. Some claim Brown was anti-Catholic. Book clubs, dedicated web sites and countless reviews and articles in magazines and newspapers worldwide have fuelled the fire, making The Da Vinci Code not only the most successful book of its kind ever, but also the most controversial. Now Martin Lunn, an expert historian, reveals the truth behind Brown's research. Includes information on: The reality of Catholic offshoot Opus Dei...; The hard facts about the bloodline of Christ and King David...; The origins of the Knights Templar and the infamous Priory of Sion...; The secrets of Temple Church and Rosslyn Cathedral...; The real Sauniere...; The mysteries of Rennes-le-Chateau...; An exhaustive tour of the locations visited by the novel's characters...; And much more

A bad book riding on the coat tails of another bad book. I bought this (fortunately in a charity shop) to "complement" The Da Vinci Code, which I was only reading as it's a set text in our Pulp Fiction module at Uni - don't worry, it was on as an example of bad popular literature - and I had to laugh. It repeats some of the stuff in "The Da Vinci Code" as if it were gospel (pun intended) and yet anyone with access to a computer can uncover the truth in the time it takes for a google search...

Perhaps I'm prejudiced as I hated The Da Vinci Code? Someone somewhere is probably really into it, and will appreciate this book, but for me, it's a couple of hours of my life I'll never get back ...

Released 12 yrs ago (5/18/2007 UTC) at as part of a swap in by post, readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases