A Is for Alibi

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 033031582x Global Overview for this book
Registered by WelshHelen of Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on 4/3/2007
Journal Entry 1 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 03, 2007
First in the Kinsey Millhone series.

Plenty of people in the picturesque town of Santa Teresa, California, wanted Laurence Fife, a ruthless divorce attorney, dead. Including, thought the cops, his young and beautiful wife, who was convicted of the crime.

Now, eight years later and out on parole, Nikki Fife hires Kinsey Millhone to find out who really killer her husband. Kinsey must pursue a trail that's eight years old: one that leads from a young boy, born deaf, whose memory cannot be trusted; to a lawyer defensively loyal to his dead partner - and disarmingly attractive to Millhone; to a not-so-young secretary with too high a salary for far too few skills.

This train will twist to include them all, with Kinsey following every turn until it finally twists back on itself and she finds herself face-to-face with a killer cunning enough to get away with murder.

Journal Entry 2 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, June 19, 2008
I read this book years ago but as I plan to read the whole series now, I decided to start from the beginning. I didn't remember the plot - not surprising, considering the hundreds of murder/mystery books I've read in the interim - so it was an enjoyable, fun read and it took me quite a while to guess at the murderer.

Recommended to anyone enjoys a good but not too complex mystery.

Journal Entry 3 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Offered as an international spiral:

Please try to read the book within 6 weeks. Usual rules apply with the added request that books are not sent together to the next reader. If it means hanging on to a book for a couple of weeks please do so, rather than sending "in bulk"! Thank you.

ekranda - UK (intl)
pingucb - UK (intl)
Hayes13 - France (intl)
NMReader - US (US only)
dabercro - US (US only)
kerbam1421 - US (US only)

Journal Entry 4 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 21, 2009
The spiral has begun! On its way to ekranda yesterday. Enjoy, everyone.

Journal Entry 5 by Paws4Books from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, April 23, 2009
Got this in the post today - will try and read it very soon. Thanks for including me in the spiral!

Journal Entry 6 by Paws4Books from Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 19, 2009
I was quite impressed with the main character as when i looked at the date of the the book it was first published in 1986 and the main female character is one strong woman! I enjoyed the pace and style of the book and look forward to reading some more...i did get it right though which i was hoping wouldn't be the case...it'll be interesting to see if i work out who did it in the next book!

I have made contact with pingucb and hope to send the book on very soon.

thank you very much for sharing!

Journal Entry 7 by Paws4Books at sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/20/2009 UTC) at sent by post, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

On its way to pingucb! Hope you enjoy!!

Journal Entry 8 by pingucb from Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, May 21, 2009
Received this today. Thankyou so much to ekranda for the card and stickers that were included with it :-D
It's probably going to be a couple of weeks before I start this one as I have one and a bit ring books to read before it. But should be fine to pass on within the six weeks, am looking forward to this series - it looks fun.

Journal Entry 9 by pingucb from Lower Kingswood, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, June 21, 2009
Just finished reading this and have PM'd the next reader for their address.
Light and easy reading which shows it's age a little at times, but still good fun. I enjoyed this book overall and am looking forward to the rest of the series :-)

Released 10 yrs ago (6/23/2009 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On it's way to Hayes13 in Italy - hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 11 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 05, 2009
Unfortunately, this book seems to be lost in the post but Hayes13 kindly bought another copy to continue the spiral. Thank you, Hayes13! The new book can be found here