The Glass Lake

by Maeve Binchy | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by beachglass of Fresno, California USA on 1/31/2003
Journal Entry 1 by beachglass from Fresno, California USA on Friday, January 31, 2003
February 2003
This book is going to fellow BC'er txcajun...thanks for the trade!

Journal Entry 2 by txcajun from Carrollton, Texas USA on Friday, March 07, 2003
I received this book today as a trade. Oh joy! Oh joy! Well -- sort of. After weeks of dreary weather, there is actually warm sunshine in Dallas. Now I have the unenviable decision of whether to curl up with this book -- or actually allow my body a good dose of Vitamin D. We'll see where the morning leads me!

Journal Entry 3 by txcajun from Carrollton, Texas USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2003
Currently reading

Journal Entry 4 by txcajun from Carrollton, Texas USA on Thursday, April 10, 2003
I loved this book, but then I expected to. I am a true Maeve Binchy fan. As usual, this book led me through a myriad of emotions, and also as usual, Binchy can make you not just read the emotions but feel them. I felt connected to the characters and worried about them, which drove me to cringe when I had to put the book down. Not everything in a Binchy book is peaches and cream, and yet I always feel good as I finish them.