Dont Look Down

by Suzanne Enoch | Women's Fiction |
Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on 4/1/2007
Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Sunday, April 01, 2007
From the Publisher
The heat is on in Palm Beach-and Rick and Samantha are sizzling.

Samantha Jellicoe is no ordinary thief. At least, not anymore. She promised her significant other, British billionaire Rick Addison, that she'd retire from her life of crime. So no more midnight break-ins...no more scaling estate walls...no more dangling from the ceiling. From here on in, it's intimate dinners with Rick in posh Palm Beach followed by rock-your-world sex.

Who'd have thought that doing the right thing would turn out to be more deadly than her former life of crime? When the first client of her new security business is murdered, Sam is determined to find the killer. Now if only she can manage to stay out of jail, resist her former "associate's" lucrative job offers, and keep Rick from sticking his nose into her business, she might just manage to stay alive. Because trouble isn't just walking -- it's running -- to catch up with her.

Journal Entry 2 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, April 21, 2007
Brought this home from our Obsessor live swap/dinner tonight.

Too many books, too little time! This is a bit too "romancy" for my taste, so I'm going to leave it at the Book Buffet in the hopes it will find its perfect reader.

Journal Entry 3 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, May 02, 2007
On the way to Catsalive who picked these up in the BookObsessed.com Romance VBB. Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 4 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Thanks, nou. I think I was extremely lucky that my turn in the vbb came when it did, I don't think these books would have lasted long.

Journal Entry 5 by catsalive from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, June 01, 2008
I wish I knew why strong heroines have to be portrayed as arrogant, selfish & generally unlikeable - particularly by American romance writers. It isn't necessary for a strong woman to be "sassy" or "feisty" or a smartarse or however you'd like to describe rudeness. I made allowances with the first book but I really didn't like Sam much at all in this one. She comes across as pert, snippy & mulish, with no manners at all. This book was isn't as good as Flirting with Danger which was much more amusing. I will try the 3rd book, Billionaires Prefer Blondes.

Journal Entry 6 by catsalive at bookobsessed.com, book swap -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 04, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/3/2009 UTC) at bookobsessed.com, book swap -- Controlled Releases

Sent to elsi, via her Aussie friend & m-bag, for the April Series Swap.