The Dress Lodger (Ballantine Reader's Circle)

by Sheri Holman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by joeprice of Louisville, Kentucky USA on 3/26/2007
Journal Entry 1 by joeprice from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Monday, March 26, 2007
Brand new copy at time of release.

Journal Entry 2 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, April 07, 2007
This book looked far too fascinating to pass up! Can't wait to read it.

Journal Entry 3 by Morgail from Louisville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, August 30, 2007
This book kept me company while I did jury duty. I loved this book. The history was well-researched and the book was full of small historical details that made it more enjoyable to read. The characters were fascinating and didn't always act as I expected them to. The book reminded me of The Crimson Petal and the White, but I think I liked this one better. The end was more satisfactory and there was something about the characters that I found more intriguing.

I'm sending this book to onniManni in Finland on 9/15 as an RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by myrtillus from Pori, Satakunta Finland on Wednesday, September 19, 2007
The book arrived safely today to Pori, Finland. It came faster than I expected. Thanks Morgail! I'm looking forward reading it as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 5 by myrtillus from Pori, Satakunta Finland on Friday, January 18, 2008
I can’t say I loved this novel, but yet it was a very interesting read.

The plot is gripping, but sometimes I didn’t like the writing style of Sheri Holman.
I think the characters and the historical details are believable. Most I liked Gustine. She is wonderful, she is brave, full of wisdom and loving in spite of the circumstances she is living in. This a story you'll think many times afterwards.

I’ll send the book to someone, who wishes to read it.

Journal Entry 6 by Vampberry from Tornio, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Thank you OnniManni, this looks interesting. Going to my small TBR-pile.

Journal Entry 7 by Vampberry at Tornio, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Monday, December 23, 2013
Books have had a tendency to get stuck in my bookshelf, but I'm trying to get them on the move again.

It's been a while but I think I got about halfway with this book. I wanted to read it but I just couldn't like it. Though perhaps like isn't the right word, since this book and it's characters aren't meant to be likeable - perhaps it would be better to say that this book just couldn't keep my interest.

Journal Entry 8 by Vampberry at Sale Tornio in Tornio, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Monday, December 23, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/23/2013 UTC) at Sale Tornio in Tornio, Lappi / Lappland Finland

Merry Christmas to someone.

Journal Entry 9 by rolfrova at Tornio, Lappi / Lappland Finland on Saturday, March 22, 2014
little bit creepy touch;but gave me a warm heart,I have´nt read an english book 4a while,but I think this1gives my friend the shivers,she had the same lajf as an dress lodger...akmost...