The Hypochondriac''s Handbook

by Wendy Marston | Humor |
Registered by Apolonia of Lynn, Massachusetts USA on 3/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Apolonia from Lynn, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, March 25, 2007
From the Publisher
Feeling good? Are you sure? This hilarious guide—a sequel to the best-selling Paranoid's Pocket Guide—is guaranteed to make you wonder. With hundreds of symptoms to watch for and in-depth information on the latest germ mutations, this compendium offers compelling proof that there is always something to worry about, even if you seem to be in perfect shape. A must-have for today's health-conscious individual, it also reveals worrisome facts about doctors and insurance companies. It's packed with black-and-white photos documenting everyday items that can menace your health—often seemingly "harmless" items such as a pencil or a water fountain. Fortunately, this book will make you laugh, which releases endorphins and promotes health—for the moment. For soundness of body and mind, read the Hypochondriac's Handbook. Better safe than sorry!

Journal Entry 2 by Apolonia from Lynn, Massachusetts USA on Monday, March 26, 2007
Interesting and scary, not a book I want to re-read. I'm already paranoid enough about germs and diseases I don't think I need to be more informed. While somewhat funny, I'm going to try and forget most of what I read. I am bringing this book with me to release at the 2007 Bookcrossing convention in Charleston, South Carolina.

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, April 22, 2007
I received this from Ap during a live swap at the Charleston Bookcrossing convention.
I know someone from school that I could give this to, but she's too annoying to give a book to.

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, April 23, 2007
This book is 125 pages of facts on germs and disease. I am in no way or form a hypochondriac, but I could see how this book could turn you into one. However, it basically told you to never go out into public, and don't use your washroom or kitchen. Germs are everywhere. But what hasn't killed me makes me stronger, so there little book! Although the repeated reminders of how when you flush a toilet, spray from it goes everywhere, especially on your toothbrush is rather disturbing. Gross!! I think I'm just going to let all of that information disappear from my mind so that I don't need to think of some of the gross things they talked about!

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, May 20, 2007
I brought this book to the meetup in Buffalo last weekend. I thought someone had picked it up, but seeing as how no one has journaled it yet, I could be wrong. Either way, this is now traveling.