SF in Dimension: A Book of Explorations

by Alexei Panshin, Cory Panshin | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by laevina of Denver, Colorado USA on 3/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by laevina from Denver, Colorado USA on Sunday, March 25, 2007
Science Fiction Criticism

Journal Entry 2 by laevina at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/16/2009 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

off into the wild . . .
into the sci-fi fantasy bookbox it goes
see forum entry here - http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/6445090

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 24, 2009
I'm taking this trade paperback from Laevina's Fantasy/SF/Horror book box; it's a collection of essays of SF criticism, and could be interesting - or could lead to fightin' words, depending on what the authors say about my favorite works!

Later: Some interesting discussions on the nature of science fiction (always something that can raise a big debate), some amusing critiques (the author wasn't very complimentary to The Andromeda Strain, and while the points made are accurate enough I still kept thinking "But I enjoyed it!" {wry grin}), discussions of authors I like (Joanna Russ, Samuel R. Delany, Ursula Le Guin) and several I wasn't familiar with. It's interesting to read the columns on the nature and fate of science fiction as a genre, looking back across the decades; in some ways things haven't changed all that much, and yet science fiction's perhaps more popular than ever - even if the definitions are shifting... I wonder what the author would have thought of books like The Sparrow?

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Boston Youth Hostel OBCZ in Boston, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, March 04, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (3/4/2010 UTC) at Boston Youth Hostel OBCZ in Boston, Massachusetts USA

I'm planning to drop off a stack of books at the Boston Hostel OBCZ on Hemenway, probably at around 3 pm. Hope the finders enjoy the books!