Into the Fire

by Richard Laymon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingjarewing of Hudson, Florida USA on 3/24/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingjarewing from Hudson, Florida USA on Saturday, March 24, 2007
UBS purchase, will be reading/releasing this in June for my Horror Challenge!

Cover blurb:

Pretty, young Pamela was a very happy newlywed, with a loving husband and a beautiful home. But all that changed the night Rodney broke in. He's been obsessed with Pamela since high school, and now he intends to make her his slave for life. He thinks they'll be alone when he drives her out to the blazing desert. But someone else is out there too...someone with a gun.

Pamela hoped her nightmare was over when Rodney was shot, but something about her rescuer isn't quite right. Maybe it's the way he dropped Rodney's body in a pit--like he'd done it before. Maybe it's the bus he's driving, with only mannequins for passengers. One thing is certain, she won't be prepared for what she'll find when he drives her to a tiny, isolated town baking in the desert sun. A town with very odd customs and a unique way of welcoming strangers.

Journal Entry 2 by wingjarewing from Hudson, Florida USA on Friday, June 08, 2007
Finished this book a little while ago. I really liked this one. This is one of the posthumous publications (the others being To Wake The Dead and The Lake). I wasn't crazy about The Lake, but this was far superior. Either the ghost editor learned much more about Laymon's style and substance, or Laymon was a lot closer to actually having this one done than The Lake. I love Laymon's ability to make you root for the lesser of two evils (or is it lesser?). Had no idea what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one!

Journal Entry 3 by wingjarewing at Singing Arrow Neighborhood in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Friday, June 08, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (6/8/2007 UTC) at Singing Arrow Neighborhood in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Left at the bus stop on the corner of Horseshoe Trail. Released for my Horror Read And Release Challenge! Happy Trails, enjoy your ride on The Glory Bus!