Lost Souls

by POPPY Z BRITE | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by adeps of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 3/22/2007
Journal Entry 1 by adeps from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, March 22, 2007
My previous ray for this book got stuck at Luintaurien's. Since she doesn't pass it on or even reply on my PMs I am considering the ray stalled and I am now starting a new one. Link to the previous ray.

This is the remaining list of members (I hope they all are still interested!) - member in bold currently has possession of the book:
(If you wish to join, please PM me and I will add you!)

perryfran - Rockville, Maryland, USA
froggirlwendy - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
NICNIC2 - Glasgow, Scotland
Scoobs-buddy - Florence, Kentucky, USA / prefers US shipping
okyrhoe - Athens, Greece

Asked to be removed:
aunt-sophie - Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

The ray is now started. I hope this is the most satisfying order!

This is how it works:
• Please journal the book when it arrives (so we know it's safe and sound with you), once you read it (to let us know how you liked it) and when you ship it off (so we know it's on its way to the next reader)
• Try not to take longer than four weeks per book
• Surface shipping is perfectly acceptable

Journal Entry 2 by adeps from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Monday, June 18, 2007
Finally, this ray is going out in the world again! :)

Journal Entry 3 by adeps from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Thursday, June 21, 2007
I put it in the mail yesterday. Have a safe journey, little book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Monday, June 25, 2007
Received in the mail today all the way from Sweden. That was fast! Thanks adeps for restarting this bookray - I'm looking forward to reading this. I have about 2½ bookring books in front of this but hope to get to it ASAP.

Update 7/24/07: Will start reading this today.

Journal Entry 5 by wingperryfranwing from Elk Grove, California USA on Tuesday, August 07, 2007
I was kind of mixed about this book - I found it to be somewhat disturbing and graphic and I really couldn’t relate very well to the very troubled and “Lost Souls” portrayed in the book including the Goth/homosexual tendencies of most of the characters. Saying that, the book did keep me interested and Brite’s take on vampires was different and unique - after you get past the gore and graphic descriptions, it kind of sucks you in so to speak. However, I didn’t have any real strong feelings about the characters – especially Ann who seemed to unrealistically stray toward the vampire Zillah. Although I thought this was a better vampire tale than Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton (which I read recently), it didn’t come close to a couple of my favorite vampire novels: Salem’s Lot by Stephen King and The Stake by Richard Laymon.

I have froggirlwendy’s address and the book will be in the mail to her this afternoon. Thanks adeps for restarting this bookray and including me!

Journal Entry 6 by wingperryfranwing at Bookray in by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (8/7/2007 UTC) at Bookray in by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

On its way to froggirlwendy in Australia. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by froggirlwendy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, August 20, 2007
Arrived safe & sound today. Thanks so much perryfran for sending it my way and adeps for adding me to the ring (after buying another copy to continue the stalled ray). Hugs :o)

As I appear to be last on the list, I will put it on my TBR pile until I get through the bookrings I have here (3 ATM) and then read it. I will happily RABCK this once done (unless you add others to the list in the meantime).