How to Kill Your Husband: (And Other Handy Household Hints)

by Kathy Lette | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on 3/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Picked this up in the Hong Kong airport

All women want to kill their husbands some of the time "Where there's a will, I intend to be in it," wives half-joke to each other. Marriage, it would appear, is a fun-packed frivolous hobby, only occasionally resulting in death. But when Jazz Jardine is arrested for her husband's murder, the joke falls flat. Life should begin at 40 - not with life imprisonment for killing your spouse. Jazz, stay-at-home mum and domestic goddess; Hannah, childless career woman; and Cassie, demented working mother of two are three ordinary women. Their record collections are classical, not criminal. Cassie and Hannah set out immediately to prove their best friend's innocence, uncovering betrayal, adultery, plot twists, thinner thighs and toy boys aplenty en route but will their friendship survive these ever darker revelations? Sexy, funny and wise, Kathy Lette's irresistible new novel is about women not Having It All But Doing It All. It's about how today's mother is often a married lone parent. It's about the fact that no woman has ever shot her husband while he was vacuuming. This is Kathy Lette at her brilliant best, casting her trade mark caustic eye on what goes on in the bedrooms and kitchens of ordinary married couples. A novel which will strike a cord with married women everywhere and ensure that, from now on, they all read the small print on their marriage licenses.

Journal Entry 2 by Macaufan from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, April 21, 2007
Got it at the live swap at BC convention. Thanks Noumena! Nice meeting you.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, May 01, 2007
As Macaufan obviously would be more interested in one titled "How to Kill Your Wife", and this is not quite my type of books, I am sending it to Tenneh. I can't say I hope you find it useful, but hope it's an entertaining read.

Journal Entry 4 by tenneh from Verdon, Nebraska USA on Sunday, May 13, 2007
Received yesterday - Thanks!

Somewhat entertaining and I found parts that struck very close to home!! :-) But not quite my type of book either.

Journal Entry 5 by tenneh at Verdon, Nebraska USA on Sunday, August 22, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (8/22/2010 UTC) at Verdon, Nebraska USA

going to a paperbackswap member